Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

This is awesome to me. Rourke has the tools, we saw that last year. Can he put them together? If BC can get some protection and a run game they have the pieces. They are elite at WR, solid LB, great DB, decent ST. Just OL/DL and RB were the weaknesses last year. They spent a ton of money on OL/DL in the off-season.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Never too early to bash Rider fans and their boring rectangle province.

A family tree in Saskatchewan is a wreath.
Better brush up on your geometry. Saskatchewan is not a rectangle. It is almost a trapezoid but the best descriptor is a quadrilateral.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I’m hoping the Bombers can play in TD Atlantic in the next few years. That would be a grand ol’ time.

Pretty impressive honestly considering the Lions are gonna be a shitass team again this year.

The Torontonians in my office share with me that most in Toronto see the CFL as beneath them, and a good portion of the others are Ti-Cat fans. I think Toronto is always gonna struggle to get attendance.
If the Bombers are scheduled for TD Atlantic.... My lady and I are all over that... further on that theme...

Going to Montreal this summer to watch the Bombers play the Alouettes...

4 tickets on the 40 half way up in on the lower south side at McGill...

And take in downtown Montreal... glorious....

I hope the Bombers win... the tradition is the biggest tray of fresh oysters to find in one of the bars and celebrate... with many beers... walking... staying at a boutique hotel just south of Mount Royal...

So choice...

choice.gif

Better brush up on your geometry. Saskatchewan is not a rectangle. It is almost a trapezoid but the best descriptor is a quadrilateral.
Its a gap...

:popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Jeffcoat is out. Not expected to be long term. Otherwise no big surprises. Thompson listed as the starter at S, his high risk high reward style should be fun to watch at very least.

I expect DL Walker, LB Clements, or DB Houston to be the scratch.

EDIT: Wow biggest thing I just noticed was Dru Brown has apparently won the backup role over Dakota Prukop. Bit surprised with that.

IL
1 Game (Short Term)

DL Jackson Jeffcoat
OL Liam Dobson
WR Kelvin McKnight
6 Game (Long Term, can come off early but has cap implications)
OL Drew Richmond
S Brandon Alexander
S Noah Hallett
DB Mercy Maston

Last edited:
Reactions: The Blue Baron

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Still not crazy about the WR group, but not much can be done about it. I also have faith the Bombers can overcome any shortcomings.

Far cry from years ago at least. They now have a culture and system in place where I can go "I'm sure it will be fine" instead of "lol we suck"

That being said: who or what the hell is an O'Leary-Orange?

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Drew Brown is official #2 ? Im fine with this but thought Prukop emerged as the backup?

Or this year they dress three qb's so depth chart doesn't mean much. They can put either guy in the game.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Still not crazy about the WR group, but not much can be done about it. I also have faith the Bombers can overcome any shortcomings.

Far cry from years ago at least. They now have a culture and system in place where I can go "I'm sure it will be fine" instead of "lol we suck"

That being said: who or what the hell is an O'Leary-Orange?

6'4" Canadian WR who played at Nevada in college. Has some speed too. Fell in draft cause of injuries in senior year, had NFL interest earlier in college career. Has loads of upside, plays a bit like a Kian Scaffer-Baker in Sask. Our highest upside Canadian WR prospect since Simonise (who busted but had huge upside). I could see him replacing Wolitarsky or Schoen/Grant in the starting lineup this year at some point. Potential star at WR regardless of passport, IMO.

This WR group is currently lacking a true #1 unless Ellingson hits up the fountain of youth, but solid throughout. No superstars but no real weaknesses with a wide variety of styles that will be solid. IMO.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Drew Brown is official #2 ? Im fine with this but thought Prukop emerged as the backup?

Or this year they dress three qb's so depth chart doesn't mean much. They can put either guy in the game.

They can dress 3 again, at least thats what Farhan Lalji was implying on a TSN video i was watching. Prukop will be the short yardage guy im sure.

Pre-season is hard to judge (plus coaches see so much more in practice, etc). I thought Prukop would be #2, but I can see the argument for Brown. Higher upside, more consistent. Plays a more similar style to Collaros as well (Elusive, keeps eyes down field v Prukop more scrambling looks to run). Makes him probably easier to sub in mid game.

Im guessing any start opportunity all bets would be off, who knows whod come in to start the game. Lets hope theres not many or preferably none of that though lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Agar

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

This is awesome to me. Rourke has the tools, we saw that last year. Can he put them together? If BC can get some protection and a run game they have the pieces. They are elite at WR, solid LB, great DB, decent ST. Just OL/DL and RB were the weaknesses last year. They spent a ton of money on OL/DL in the off-season.

Time to cut the ratio!!

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
They can dress 3 again, at least thats what Farhan Lalji was implying on a TSN video i was watching. Prukop will be the short yardage guy im sure.

Pre-season is hard to judge (plus coaches see so much more in practice, etc). I thought Prukop would be #2, but I can see the argument for Brown. Higher upside, more consistent. Plays a more similar style to Collaros as well (Elusive, keeps eyes down field v Prukop more scrambling looks to run). Makes him probably easier to sub in mid game.

Im guessing any start opportunity all bets would be off, who knows whod come in to start the game. Lets hope theres not many or preferably none of that though lol.
Brown has more poise in the the actual dynamic football plays than Prukop...

Thank heavens for the league to bring back the 3rd QB... Prukop can grind it out on short yardage and save Dru...

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018

Agree I thought Prukop would be the short yardage guy so I figured he was #2 because of that. Although if we actually needed to put in a qb to win a game (don't even want to type why), then I'd want to see Drew Brown go in.

But great if all 3 can dress as it gives the coach options. So maybe we don't have a true #2, but a short yardage guy and a guy we can sub in, Brown, if needed for a series or game or two and actually drive the team.

Always thought only allowing two qb's made the CFL look silly. IIRC there was a game last year where a receiver had to play some qb when the other two went down. But economics unfortunately is always a factor in the CFL.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Agree I thought Prukop would be the short yardage guy so I figured he was #2 because of that. Although if we actually needed to put in a qb to win a game (don't even want to type why), then I'd want to see Drew Brown go in.

But great if all 3 can dress as it gives the coach options. So maybe we don't have a true #2, but a short yardage guy and a guy we can sub in, Brown, if needed for a series or game or two and actually drive the team.

Always thought only allowing two qb's made the CFL look silly. IIRC there was a game last year where a receiver had to play some qb when the other two went down. But economics unfortunately is always a factor in the CFL.

Yeah. To be fair, as was pointed out to me, it was always possible to dress 3 QB's. However under 2021 rules, your 3rd QB would have been a DI. You only get 4 DI's who the hell is wasting it on a 3rd QB? Never happens. But it would hurt QB development as PR guys don't stick around and usually QB3 is a development guy. Looks rectified this year.

And to be fair for CFL, NFL doesn't have as many rules and many teams only have 2 QB's on roster. But it's just different, as PR QB's stick around obviously and there's more FA available off the street.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This is just objectively a great game to watch. Back and forth, talent on both sides, entertaining game. This is the CFL at it's finest. Great season opener between MTL and CGY.

Reactions: WaveRaven

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Khari with some bad calls

CFL game was way way more entertaining than the NHL playoffs

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking forward to the home opener tonight. Was thinking of taking an Uber to the stadium so we can enjoy a few beverages during the game. Just wondering how it works for getting picked up with all the traffic after a game. Has anyone had an experience using Uber to get to/from the stadium?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad