Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Miami cuts Chris Streveler

With his tools, im still pretty sure he gets one more camp invite at least down south.

My worst fear might that a coach who loves athleticism, just took a rushing QB in the 1st round, has shown no love to his current starter who he just inherited, has plenty of caproom, and loves to be outside the box might be tempted to try to draw him North with guarantees in money and playing time. My favourite player playing for damn Elks. That would suck.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
With his tools, im still pretty sure he gets one more camp invite at least down south.

My worst fear might that a coach who loves athleticism, just took a rushing QB in the 1st round, has shown no love to his current starter who he just inherited, has plenty of caproom, and loves to be outside the box might be tempted to try to draw him North with guarantees in money and playing time. My favourite player playing for damn Elks. That would suck.
Elks paid too much to get Tre Ford to just ditch him right away... Jones will want to prove his genius.

If Streveler could kick field goals, I'd say sign him asap.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Strev has great tools except the most important one being accuracy on his throws. There was a reason he was a backup QB with the Blue Bombers!

Reactions: Jetsetter

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Elks paid too much to get Tre Ford to just ditch him right away... Jones will want to prove his genius.

If Streveler could kick field goals, I'd say sign him asap.

Well they wouldn't ditch him. Even if Tre Ford becomes a starter, hes years out. Hes more raw than even Streveler was in 2019. Theyll have him as #3 guy with short yardage and ST work this year. Streveler is honestly the perfect guy to have as a #1 if Ford is #2/3. Probably not good enough QB to be a long term solution and similar style.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I guess with almost a quarter of their membership planning to cross (virtual) picket lines, the union saw the writing on the wall and caved. Of course, I'm sure they will sell it as having achieved many of their key demands.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com

thatwasfast.gif

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Back at it. Bombers preseason now starts nect Friday at home. Damn cant wait. Probably on the weekend ill start digging deeper into camp to see position battles. Ratio changes make backup americans very valuable, be interesting if this changes Bombers typical roster makeup. Other good news on roster front is 3 QBs returning to roster. Huge, always thought CFL was playing with fire with only 2 last year.

Reactions: thereturn and Ggg99

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Back at it. Bombers preseason now starts nect Friday at home. Damn cant wait. Probably on the weekend ill start digging deeper into camp to see position battles. Ratio changes make backup americans very valuable, be interesting if this changes Bombers typical roster makeup. Other good news on roster front is 3 QBs returning to roster. Huge, always thought CFL was playing with fire with only 2 last year.
The 2 QB rule was as dumb as a politician. Glad they nixed it.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bombers have many Americans that have been in the league and or with the Bombers that fall in line with the new ratio rules.

For the 8th full time spot yes. But you can also use 3 backup americans to play 49% of the game for a starting canadian. Really makes some moves from the Bombers this year redundant (ie Lawson, but young DT never bad) but it means for example as long as Oliveira/Augustine play 51% of the snaps you can use an American for 49%. So as long as Thomas/Lawson play 51% of the snaps you can use Walker/another american 49% of the time at DT. Or Ford at CB basically in a timeshare. Or Wolitarsky rotating with an American. Etc, etc. Pretty huge.

Reactions: bustamente

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
For the 8th full time spot yes. But you can also use 3 backup americans to play 49% of the game for a starting canadian. Really makes some moves from the Bombers this year redundant (ie Lawson, but young DT never bad) but it means for example as long as Oliveira/Augustine play 51% of the snaps you can use an American for 49%. So as long as Thomas/Lawson play 51% of the snaps you can use Walker/another american 49% of the time at DT. Or Ford at CB basically in a timeshare. Or Wolitarsky rotating with an American. Etc, etc. Pretty huge.
Now my head hurts, I wonder who will police the 51/49 split

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Now my head hurts, I wonder who will police the 51/49 split

One of the negatives is the complexity no doubt. Im thinking that itll have to be calculated after games and subject to things like fines and draft pick forfeitures.

Where itll be really useful is defensive substitutions. Think 1st down Thomas is on at DT. Now 2nd and long, you to 3 DL. Off comes Thomas. In current rules Bombers would have had to bring out Briggs at LB or maybe Hallett at S for extra pass coverage. Now they can bring in another American DB. Cant do it all the time since the Canadian starter has to play at least 51% of the snaps, but in the right situation it could be critical.

Last edited:

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Really hyped for Preseason game too.

And for sure only 2 qbs was nuts and we need room when Strev returns.

Go Blue!

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Tyrell Ford signed this morning. Bombers fully expect Ford and 2020 3rd round pick Patrice Rene to compete (along Tiquan Glass and a gaggle of rookie americans) for the starting role left by the departed DeAundre Alford. Cant wait to see them out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad