Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It just comes across as some cheap, knock off track suit you would pick up from the clearance rack at Giant Tiger. Mark my words, this cringe worthy ensemble will be the death of the 3-peat. :nod:

Reactions: blues10

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I see the USFL is up and running again on FOX. There is also an arena football league on DAZN.

I am glad the CFL didn't get involved with the XFL.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Global draft starting. Bombers pick 6.

Currently Bombers have LB Les Maruo (4th overall 2021) and OL Tomoya Machino (15th overall 2021).

Theyve added P Tom Hackett who played at Utah and a bit in NFL. From Australia. To compete with Liegghio.

To me this indicates they think CBA might change and Hansen might return. Cause not a need.

Ticats think Globals are a joke. Taking a punter at #2 and at #10.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bombers also add DB Souleymane Karamoko at 13. He played college at Laval. From France. Was in NFL international pathway program, but did not get allocated to a team.

Former Bombers practice roster global DB Ayo Oyelola was also in that program and got allocated to Jacksonville this morning.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I see the USFL is up and running again on FOX. There is also an arena football league on DAZN.

I am glad the CFL didn't get involved with the XFL.
Pretty tough to get involved with something that no longer exists!:D

Reactions: blues10

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Global Draft Bombers
6. P Tom Hackett - Utah (Australia)
Was in camp with New York Jets in 2016. 29 years old, camp competition for Liegghio.
13. DB Souleymane Karamoko - Laval (France)
In the NFL International Pathway Program. Probably not going to get allocated. 25 yo and definitely a ST type that could be good.
24. P Michael Sleep-Dalton - Iowa (Australia)
30 year old camp body it appears. Two punters seems to me maybe something is up in Bomber land. Liegghio trying to concentrate on kicking?

None

Feb 22, 2012
Usually isn't super contentious and is just bargaining but apparently the players have voted to strike in the event that there isn't a CBA signed before May 14th when the current CBA expires.

The Bombers also traded their 1st+2nd (9th+18th) round picks for non-import/national DT Cameron Lawson Montreal's 2nd (13th).

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Usually isn't super contentious and is just bargaining but apparently the players have voted to strike in the event that there isn't a CBA signed before May 14th when the current CBA expires.

The Bombers also traded their 1st+2nd (9th+18th) round picks for non-import/national DT Cameron Lawson Montreal's 2nd (13th).

Interesting i missed that trade. They desperately needed sone depth behind Jake Thomas. Lawson is young at only 23, 14th overall in 2020. Basically 9+18 for 13+14. Musta liked him better than what they thought they could get at DL early on draft. Almost guaranteed Bombers go OL at 13 now.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Interesting i missed that trade. They desperately needed sone depth behind Jake Thomas. Lawson is young at only 23, 14th overall in 2020. Basically 9+18 for 13+14. Musta liked him better than what they thought they could get at DL early on draft. Almost guaranteed Bombers go OL at 13 now.

From what I've seen over the last decade or so of the CFL draft it's seemed like we either get a defensive line 1st/2nd round or an offensive line 1st/2nd depending on the year. I guess this is a weak DL draft :laugh:

Edit: I forgot we also lost Kongbo to the NFL (potentially) so we need someone who can step in for the odd play when Jefferson and Jeffcoat need a break.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Looks like after the trade today that we will in all probability take an OL, hopefully either Zack Fry, Noah Zerr or Peter Kozushka are available.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Wow kinda love that pick. One of the best athletes in the draft. Corner potential. BPA. Wonder if the Dobson news changed the math for Winnipeg.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Tyrell Ford is nice. He'll be able to contribute on Teams for sure. Adjustment to playing defensive snaps could be trickier as even field side corners are going to be tested a lot more with a large route page and nearer proximity to the QB with the tighter hashes this year. All the same, I like the pick.

Huge bonus if Liam Dobson finds his way north shortly.

Reactions: The Blue Baron

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Never expected the Bombers to choose a DB thought we are all good in the DB National department. Guess you can never have enough STers

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Never expected the Bombers to choose a DB thought we are all good in the DB National department. Guess you can never have enough STers

Seripusly starter potential here though. Has NFL prospect measurables, why hes going to 2 NFL rookie camps. Sounds like his tape doesnt quite match the measurables, but starter upside no doubt, maybe even at corner.

Reactions: bustamente

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad