Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Apart from 2 int's in BC Brown played not to bad behind a line that was missing 3/5's, if he does play that experience should help him, that a great running game
Yes. I think we might see Prukop a lot because it’s gonna be a cold one. Run the ball down the Argos throat and see if they have any better luck than BC did trying to shut it down

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
As a life-long Winnipeger (actually just a tad north in St. Andrews) of more than 70 years (I started following the Bombers in 1957.), I know the city pretty well and, in my opinion, Winnipeg is a city in decline. The decline has been going on for decades and was helped out by a previous mayor who did not raise property taxes for, what, 8 years and encouraged suburban sprawl. Anyway, apologies for the politics.

Good luck with your potential opportunities in Cape Breton, a beautiful part of the country.

I've got all sorts of friends and family in Calgary including my only grandchildren. We've been tempted to move but something about this place in spite of it's "aches and pains" keeps us here.

Cheers.
I agree. Been in BC for 25 years now and nothing more shocking than going downtown and seeing how barren it is. Friends just went through there on a trip to Churchill and they couldn't believe how dead it was.
It seems like its been a long slow decline.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
If Collaros is unable to play the Bombers won't announce it today if ever, he will be on the game day roster whether he starts we will have to see.
I’m not sure I see the benefit in saying he’ll play if he won’t. I expected them to evade questions about his availability, so Toronto wouldn’t know who to prepare for. I doubt it’ll be much inconvenience for them if they see Brown starting when they prepared for Collaros. In fact, I can see it being a huge emotional boost for them to see our backup out there when they had been told they’d be playing against Collaros.

Now, Zach being as healthy as they say he is might be a stretch. I expect he’s injured, hopefully not enough to affect him a lot, but I can see it being an issue and wouldn’t be surprised if he can’t finish the game.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Stanley Bryant is a Sunday win from being more-than-a-ring-of-honour guy. Statue territory. 4 Top Lineman trophies, doubling up the next best ever, and a three-peat (if it happens)... I mean. Nobody is likely doing that again for a very, verrrryyy long time.

Last edited:

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Congratulations to the Bombers winning so many league awards. As a 50-year Bomber fan this is great to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FonRiesen

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Really hope for your guys sake that the Bombers can three peat. Amazing how this franchise turned things not only around, but how they created such a great team by building things the right way, brick by brick. I don’t have a great vibe about Sunday but that doesn’t mean much. I have total admiration for how this organization operated before, during, and after Covid. Class of the league.

One last big hurdle to get over. Toronto is on a roll and the Collaros cloud is casting a shadow. Heres hoping the faithful can take care of business one more time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: thereturn and Deno

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I don't not know.
I was able to make an original post on that thread but once someone disagree with me I no longer able to respond on that thread.
Did I break some rule?
Not sure - you can read the rules here: Terms and rules

If you're referring to the game day thread, it gets locked after the game is over for everyone, and you can continue discussions in the post game thread. It's to keep things tidier (so we don't have dozens of active game threads at once).

Welcome to the board - it's a great time to be a Bomber fan - cheers, and Go Blue!

Reactions: Deno

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
In keeping with my recent surge in positivity, the Bombers can win this even if Zach is not 100%. Defense wins championships and I thought the Bombers defense was very good against BC. If they can shut down MBT and if Brady can run for 100 yards again, I think we will 3 peat.:nod:

Reactions: thereturn

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
In keeping with my recent surge in positivity, the Bombers can win this even if Zach is not 100%. Defense wins championships and I thought the Bombers defense was very good against BC. If they can shut down MBT and if Brady can run for 100 yards again, I think we will 3 peat.:nod:
Between Olivera and Prukop, the ground game is very strong.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Guys I am very nervous about Sunday. What if Collaros is injured to the point he can't perform? Also we don't have the greatest record vs Toronto in playoff and Grey Cup games.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
I agree. Been in BC for 25 years now and nothing more shocking than going downtown and seeing how barren it is. Friends just went through there on a trip to Churchill and they couldn't believe how dead it was.
It seems like its been a long slow decline.
I don't want to derail the thread, but up until COVID, I would have said the exact opposite about downtown and I think it will gain momentum again soon.

There has been plenty of development around CLC, the Forks is world class, the Exchange District is unique and amazing in the summer, there's consistently new towers going up (Artis Reit, True North Square Phase 2)... These are all developments in the last 10 to 15 years that have made our downtown better than it has ever been. The street parties for the Jets run in 2018 were probably my favorite example of what a downtown should be.

Also, the Bombers got this. None of you need worry!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad