Blue Bombers 2022 Season Thread - Stunning Loss. Dynasty Interrupted. 2023 awaits.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I don't want to derail the thread, but up until COVID, I would have said the exact opposite about downtown and I think it will gain momentum again soon.

There has been plenty of development around CLC, the Forks is world class, the Exchange District is unique and amazing in the summer, there's consistently new towers going up (Artis Reit, True North Square Phase 2)... These are all developments in the last 10 to 15 years that have made our downtown better than it has ever been. The street parties for the Jets run in 2018 were probably my favorite example of what a downtown should be.

Also, the Bombers got this. None of you need worry!
Yeah, I have to say that I left Winnipeg 20 years ago. I make regular pilgrimages back to visit family and friends though, and I'm always pleasantly surprised how much has changed for the better since the last time I lived there.

And... very excited for the game on Sunday. Go Blue!

Reactions: Jetland162702

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
I don't want to derail the thread, but up until COVID, I would have said the exact opposite about downtown and I think it will gain momentum again soon.

There has been plenty of development around CLC, the Forks is world class, the Exchange District is unique and amazing in the summer, there's consistently new towers going up (Artis Reit, True North Square Phase 2)... These are all developments in the last 10 to 15 years that have made our downtown better than it has ever been. The street parties for the Jets run in 2018 were probably my favorite example of what a downtown should be.

Also, the Bombers got this. None of you need worry!
Two steps forward, two steps back? I really have a good feeling but the word “choke” is infiltrating my thoughts and I’m trying to drive it out.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The 2007 East Final. We beat them, but lost Glenn to injury.
Yeah I thought it had been awhile. When I read the post I responded to it didn’t seem like the Argos were a team we were losing to a lot. I looked at the Grey Cup history and it looks like we haven’t played them for the cup since 1950.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I like what I saw from ZC at yesterdays practice moved around pretty well but gingerly. He will start by how long does he last who knows, hopefully the Bombers will start fast and have that not be a worry

Reactions: kanadalainen

AussieBomberJet

Dec 28, 2017
Northern Beaches, Queensland
I'm not going to listen to any of the noise coming from the TSN talking heads, they have there own agenda. TSN on my tv with come on at kick off and probably be muted a minute later
Seriously, why is this such a predominant mentality in Canadian sports media with regards to our sports franchises; 'anyone but Winnipeg' I honestly don't understand it and really want to know the reasoning and logic behind this hatred and bias towards us.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Seriously, why is this such a predominant mentality in Canadian sports media with regards to our sports franchises; 'anyone but Winnipeg' I honestly don't understand it and really want to know the reasoning and logic behind this hatred and bias towards us.
Bombers have been too good lately, basically :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad