Bleacher Report blogger says that Toronto no longer appeals to free agents, not considered a winning organization

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
It's a confusing headline.

It "no longer" appeals? That implies that it was at the top of the list for potential free agents up to now, which seems like an odd take.

I don't think anything has changed from last year to now in terms of its attractiveness as a market.
The leafs have a pretty inflated ego

Reactions: dukeofjive

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
When was ottawa's last cup?
Buffalo? Vancouver? Or how about NYR and their 1 cup in 80 years? Nothing to say about those facts? A SC as the only metric is a silly way to judge but it's not the worst, I eould say the aforementioned teams have done worse
Lol you use Ottawa and buffalo to make you feel better? Those teams can’t a 2 dollar hooker with a hundred dollar bill

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Tanev will (start out) the same high quality defenseman he’s always been. He will be paired with Rielly who just happens to be one of the worst defensive defenseman in the NHL (a#6 or #7 level). Leaf fans blindly love Rielly so they will blame Tanev just as they have all of Rielly’s partners.
Then by year 3 Tanev’s decline will be in full bloom.
I can totally see that happening.
Matter of fact it's the most likely scenario.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Somebody correct me, but from a few player interviews I have seen, that TO Locker room can hold up to 70 reporters. After practise, etc.

Big Fishbowl

I think O'Reilly said that and he is a hometown boy. He said the room never felt like it was tight and for the boys. Too many media and management up in there.

Add to that there is no pattern for playoff success. You have to be mentally strong to stay there or sign there.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Seriously? How about SC finals appearances? Those four teams have at least been there. When did the Leafs do that? The Rangers won a cup. WTF are you even saying? Leafs aren't "better" than "most" teams. What makes them better?
Better than most refers the past 10 years regular season. If we want to talk historically, well the Leafs still have more cups wins than most or does history only count after that magical year of 1967?
Facts - I use them, you either cherry pick or disregard them.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Better than most refers the past 10 years regular season. If we want to talk historically, well the Leafs still have more cups wins than most or does history only count after that magical year of 1967?
Facts - I use them, you either cherry pick or disregard them.
Better means the past 10 years regular season? Who made that decision? You don't know what a fact is , so save the lecturing to others on how to use them. Just take the loss and go home.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
2 of those 3 teams have better modern histories than the TML as well. Buffalo made a cup final in 1999 and Detroit has won cups in most people life times who post here.

Toronto hasn’t done anything since before man landed on the moon.
Ottawa made it to the SCF in 2007, ECF in 2003 and 2017 so better record than Buffalo.

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Trash the leafs in a blog and you’ll get endless publicity. Look at all of the activity in this thread - rent free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad