Value of: Blackhawks Trade Deadline Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Cat and Hagel aren't going anywhere...whoever said that is about to overdose on crack.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Cat and Hagel aren't going anywhere...whoever said that is about to overdose on crack.

That came straight from the Hawks brass. It makes alot of sense chicago needs to tear it down and do a true rebuild , cat , Hagel, Kubalik, MAF , Murphy all have value to bring back high draft picks and prospects. Stans gamble proved chicago wasn't anywhere near a playoff team or even capable of making 1 last run.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
with respect, I want the Oilers to at least try for the player they SHOULD have taken in his draft year and that's DeBrincat ! he even played one year with McDavid in Erie ! if the Hawks are crazy enough to even think about trading the guy, then the Oilers should be all in !! o_O
I would love Debrincat. I just don't think the Oilers can afford him.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018

I heard the Oilers are seriously looking at Kubalik my guess is he would be a rental, cat isn't due for a new contract until the 2022/23 season ends so in reality his contract would work for now.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

no question a contract would have to go to Chicago, but the Hawks would likely at minimum ask for Yamo and Broberg plus our 1st round pick but whatever we ended up actually sending their way might be worth it for one of the league's best goal scorers! o_O

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't necessarily disagree so why make a low proposal in the first place? Breaking down your proposal if you remove MAF and Barrie/Murphy- you offered a 1st, a recent 20-something 1st round pick and Yamamoto who is an underwhelming player for Debrincat who is a 40 goal player and a pt/gm player on a good team. Debrincat is on a team-friendly deal this season and next and then he'd be a RFA. Plus, you mentioned the Hawks taking back 7+ million in cap dumps this season and another 3+ next season. My deal might be a little high but your idea is ridiculous.

Fair enough, clearly I value Barrie (as something other than a cap dump, a guy that can add offense from the blueline and a guy that Chicago could maybe move for more futures) and Bourgault higher than you do. I never said that my trade proposal was the best or fairest proposal but meant for it to be more of a jumping off point to see what would be fair for both sides. I could see us adding more to it than what I proposed, but all 3 of Bourgault, Holloway and our 1st is too much IMO even though I really value Debrincat. MAF is an UFA in about 50 games and I don't feel that Murphy is worth much more than Barrie if at all. It just depends on which player type a team specifically needs.

What was your original offer?

It is on the previous page.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Are people thinking Kane might have surgery after the all star break and shut down for the rest of the season?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I wonder if those unrealistic names are thrown out there to get GMs calling, and then Kyle Davidson pulls the bait and switch and hits them with the “well, can I interest you in a slightly used deHaan or a refurbished MAF?”

Reactions: COHawk

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Brandon Hagel should be a fairly well-valued player from a contender. A guy who can play on any line, brings some offense and forechecking + puck retrieval jam, and importantly is locked in at $1.5 million.

I’d be looking as a rangers fan what would an offer look like?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Man, NYR should be all over DeBrincat to play RW with Panarin on the LW. Hagel is another great idea because he's locked in on an amazing deal and is a solid middle-six player that will play Gallant's style to a tee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad