Value of: Blackhawks Trade Deadline Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I have a hard time believing they will trade those players without someone overpaying for them. They are all young and cost controlled for years to come.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don’t believe an ounce of this…no way are they trading away $6 million top goal scorer or a EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE contract in DeBrincat and Hagel…hogwash
DCat has a year left in his current deal and then is a year from ufa. Barring him wanting to leave I don’t see why Chicago would entertain dealing a soon to be 24 year old.

rogking65

May 13, 2016
man do they ever have it backwards. With the age of Toews and Kane they should be the ones traded and everyone else made not available

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Wait wait wait, Kane, Toews, and Jones are untouchable, but DeBrincat is available?
What planet is that franchise on? Untouchable aging vets and win-now defenders with peak value and fat contracts… but young cost affordable talent is expendable. For a team that desperately needs to blow it up.
Ok.

So some reporter throws something out on twitter and everyone takes it as 100% true and starts ripping the organization for even considering trading DeBrincat, Hagel, Dach etc.

First off; none of the young core players have been traded, so step away from the ledge. Secondly, anyone is available if the offer is good enough. Moving DeBrincat means the team acquiring him will be grossly overpaying to get him.

With respect to Toews and Kane, they are untouchable unless they want to be “touched” due to their NMCs.

Trading Jones would send a bad message to all players about the organization considering you just traded for and signed him to a long term deal 6 months ago.

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown

Our stupid interim GM, Kyle Davidson (Stan Bowman's protégé), is trading away all of our best players.

How many 4th line grinders do you have to appease him?

What would be stupid is not listening to offers for your players? Failure to do so is dereliction of duty.

If some was willing to grossly overpay for, let’s say DeBrincat, why wouldn’t you consider it?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What would be stupid is not listening to offers for your players? Failure to do so is dereliction of duty.

If some was willing to grossly overpay for, let’s say DeBrincat, why wouldn’t you consider it?
Then why wouldn't the same logic to apply to Jones and Kane?

Reactions: Anthony5967

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What's going on with Kubalik? I thought he was a solid top 6 wing for the Hawks? Why would they want to move him and what would the cost be?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Then why wouldn't the same logic to apply to Jones and Kane?

It should, especially with respect to Kane and Toews but at the end of the day, they along with Jones I believe, have NMCs and are not going anywhere unless they agree to.

If a “too good to refuse” offer for anyone of the three is received then Davidson; or whoever is calling the shots; should talk to the player and their representative to see if they will waive their NMC.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
So some reporter throws something out on twitter and everyone takes it as 100% true and starts ripping the organization for even considering trading DeBrincat, Hagel, Dach etc.
First, you need to relax and take your grievances up with your man on Twitter or the OP. Frank Seravilli isn’t just some random Twitter reporter, don’t hate the medium.

First off; none of the young core players have been traded, so step away from the ledge. Secondly, anyone is available if the offer is good enough. Moving DeBrincat means the team acquiring him will be grossly overpaying to get him.

Second, in regards to your unnecessary connotation here, believe it or not but nobody outside of your fanbase would ever kill themselves over your team’s poor management. On the contrary, I think most people would be totally fine with it.

With respect to Toews and Kane, they are untouchable unless they want to be “touched” due to their NMCs.
Third, yeah no. When someone says a player is untouchable, that’s a statement defensive of the asset. You’re referring to someone who is “unmovable.” Being unmovable is not what a reporter means when they report that a player is untouchable from a fire sale.

Trading Jones would send a bad message to all players about the organization considering you just traded for and signed him to a long term deal 6 months ago.
Hard to send a bad message to all of the players if they all get traded. Hence a fire sale. Circumstances with the franchise changed since acquiring Jones. I agree it makes less sense to move him than, say, Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews. He’s a player they might want to rebuild around.

p.s. for the record I don’t wish any fans a miserable time when I say people would be okay with a franchise being stupid - more commentary on the public enemy status of the Blackhawks organization

Reactions: Random schmoe

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
What would Edmonton need to add to this to make it work?

MAF (2.5M retained) for Koskinen + ???

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Top 20 player from his draft class, 23 years old, on a great contract, drives incredible numbers...

He's easily worth a 1st round pick from a contender.

Right now Edmonton 1st is much more valuable then a contenders 1st . How about Edmonton 1st and you guys return the Keith pick ?

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
What would it cost Edmonton for Debrincat, Murphy and MAF?

An awful lot because on top of that Edmonton would need the Hawks to eat some of Fleury and/or Murthy’s cap hits as well as take a bad contract (Koskinen) or two back to make the money work.

You would be looking at a couple of top prospects; Holloway/Bourgault/Broberg; a young NHL ready player; Bouchard/McLeod and several high picks; 1st and 2nd round.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
An awful lot because on top of that Edmonton would need the Hawks to eat some of Fleury and/or Murthy’s cap hits as well as take a bad contract (Koskinen) or two back to make the money work.

You would be looking at a couple of top prospects; Holloway/Bourgault/Broberg; a young NHL ready player; Bouchard/McLeod and several high picks; 1st and 2nd round.

I realize that we'd have to pay dearly. I was thinking Barrie, Koskinen and maybe Kassian in terms of cap heading your way. Barrie would have a little value while the other 2 are straight cap dumps. I was thinking of adding Yamamoto, our 2022 1st (top 3 protected) and then maybe Bourgault. No interest in moving Bouchard or McLeod. Foegele is another guy that I'd consider moving as he just hasn't found traction with us IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad