Value of: Blackhawks Trade Deadline Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Don’t believe an ounce of this…no way are they trading away $6 million top goal scorer or a EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE contract in DeBrincat and Hagel…hogwash

I actually do believe this information and here is why. Chicago's interim GM appears to be named officially the GM he has full control over the trade deadline and isn't a fan of stans retreads . He realizes just like many of us fans that chicago is bottom heavy and has no future top 6 depth in Rockford. The team in itself needs to be torn down and completely rebuilt. Dach has been a disappointment.

Cat isn't the future here in Chicago just because of how many pieces are missing.
Cat , Kubalik both have the potential to bring back young assets and 1 or 2 first round picks .

Toews and kane either get moved in June or next years trade deadline best case however until next Summer Chicago is stuck and the Financials don't make sense paying Cat big money at his age and Chicago situation heading into a full rebuild.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Feel bad for MAF if he gets dealt. Imagine being traded twice within a year after winning the Vezina.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Wait wait wait, Kane, Toews, and Jones are untouchable, but DeBrincat is available?
What planet is that franchise on? Untouchable aging vets and win-now defenders with peak value and fat contracts… but young cost affordable talent is expendable. For a team that desperately needs to blow it up.
Ok.

Seth Jones why would they trade him ? He is a top young defenseman who has many years of solid production. Toews and kane both have 1.5 years left on there 10.5 million each contracts with full no movement clause. If they decide they want out then that's a different story, but for now cat and Kubalik bring back the most in picks and young assets and neither are chicago future at there age

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Maybe Seth Jones can be traded eventually. There's nobody that can afford the trade price and his contract right now.

He's been every bit of the #1 defenseman he was billed as this year. It was the right move for the wrong team at the wrong time.

Well said , by the time chicago if done properly rebuilds he would be near the back half of his contract. Kubalik and cat bring back the most and at 24 and 26 neither benefit chicago in the long term

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Feel bad for MAF if he gets dealt. Imagine being traded twice within a year after winning the Vezina.

Don't feel bad he is making millions and if moved it benefits his. With a chance at another cup plus it's only for a few months which isn't that big of a issue to worry about .

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Even though there's a couple other options I'd prefer, I'd be down to offer a 2nd or even 1st or with lotto protection for MAF with heavy retainment.

Assuming the Oil waive Kosko, LTIR Smith until the playoffs/Robidas Island him, and have Stalock or Skinner take over as backup, they should have a little over 4mil left (this is assuming the Oil also sign Kane for ~1,5 mil. If that falls through, they'd have close to 5 mil).

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Even though there's a couple other options I'd prefer, I'd be down to offer a 2nd or even 1st or with lotto protection for MAF with heavy retainment.

Assuming the Oil waive Kosko, LTIR Smith until the playoffs/Robidas Island him, and have Stalock or Skinner take over as backup, they should have a little over 4mil left (this is assuming the Oil also sign Kane for ~1,5 mil. If that falls through, they'd have close to 5 mil).

A lottery protected 1st? Plus chicago eats 50% of his salary and most likely edmonton will be n sending back a goalie.

Fluery is playing lights out and chicago holds all the cards so imo the 1st won't be protected, chicago is looking for high draft picks and or high end prospects. Not to mention I see at minimum 4 teams who are looking at fluery edmonton, vegas , Washington and Colorado possibly Pittsburgh but Colorado has enough assets to offer over edmonton who's only real ace is a lottery 1st .

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
A lottery protected 1st? Plus chicago eats 50% of his salary and most likely edmonton will be n sending back a goalie.

Fluery is playing lights out and chicago holds all the cards so imo the 1st won't be protected, chicago is looking for high draft picks and or high end prospects. Not to mention I see at minimum 4 teams who are looking at fluery edmonton, vegas , Washington and Colorado possibly Pittsburgh but Colorado has enough assets to offer over edmonton who's only real ace is a lottery 1st .
An unprotected first from the Oilers is is not the same as one from those other teams. It's fair to add protection for it.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

I meant a 1st without a cap dump. If Kosko's going back, then you can reduce or completely remove the retainment.

Of the other 3 you listed off, I don't see any of them offering up a 1st or equivalent to address goaltending. Plus all 3 would have to get more creative than Edmonton to make the cap work. Holtby or Halak would be their more likely targets.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
An unprotected first from the Oilers is is not the same as one from those other teams. It's fair to add protection for it.

Chicago would want a unprotected first from edmonton, they don't have much in terms of real future assets to give up , there also interested in Kubalik so let's say a deal involving either one or both what real assets can edmonton afford to give up ?

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I meant a 1st without a cap dump. If Kosko's going back, then you can reduce or completely remove the retainment.

Of the other 3 you listed off, I don't see any of them offering up a 1st or equivalent to address goaltending. Plus all 3 would have to get more creative than Edmonton to make the cap work. Holtby or Halak would be their more likely targets.

Edmonton isn't in any better cap shape than those other teams . Any team with cap space is pretty much a rebuilding team .

Colorado has some nice young assets no 1st round picks but assets are always good. Washington I heard there interested in fluery.

Edmonton is also very interested in Kubalik so a deal could be made

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I realize that we'd have to pay dearly. I was thinking Barrie, Koskinen and maybe Kassian in terms of cap heading your way. Barrie would have a little value while the other 2 are straight cap dumps. I was thinking of adding Yamamoto, our 2022 1st (top 3 protected) and then maybe Bourgault. No interest in moving Bouchard or McLeod. Foegele is another guy that I'd consider moving as he just hasn't found traction with us IMO.

So you think Yamamoto, a 1st, maybe Bourgault and then the Hawks take your cap dumps and that is worth Debrincat, Murphy, and MAF? Really?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Chicago would want a unprotected first from edmonton, they don't have much in terms of real future assets to give up , there also interested in Kubalik so let's say a deal involving either one or both what real assets can edmonton afford to give up ?
We have better prospects and a better pick than those other suitors, even if we did add protection to the pick.

We could also add protection the other way. So another pick that gets better the later the Oilers finish.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Edmonton isn't in any better cap shape than those other teams . Any team with cap space is pretty much a rebuilding team .

Colorado has some nice young assets no 1st round picks but assets are always good. Washington I heard there interested in fluery.

Edmonton is also very interested in Kubalik so a deal could be made

Honestly I'd have a lot of time for Kubalik, but I think the Kane news kills that one...

It's tight, but taking a glance at cap friendly, it can be done with no other moves beyond waiving Kosko and LTIR'ing Smith for the rest of the season. You'd either add Fluery to below at 3.5mil or at 7 but with Kosko's remaining 3.375 coming off the cap. In other works, more or less the exact same number.
upload_2022-1-23_3-57-42.png

Sceviour, Benson, and 4K in the PB.

Hell, it would still leave them with room for Kane, which would make the LW look way less sad (though I do have Hyman on RW, which makes it look worse than it should).

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-23_3-48-4.png
    upload_2022-1-23_3-48-4.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad