Value of: Blackhawks Trade Deadline Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So you think Yamamoto, a 1st, maybe Bourgault and then the Hawks take your cap dumps and that is worth Debrincat, Murphy, and MAF? Really?

Barrie is not just a cap dump, so it would basically be Barrie for Murphy, Yamamoto + 1st + Bourgault for Debrincat and then we could kick in something else for MAF like a 2nd rounder and something else like Samorukov for taking on some salary or retaining salary on MAF.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Barrie is not just a cap dump, so it would basically be Barrie for Murphy, Yamamoto + 1st + Bourgault for Debrincat and then we could kick in something else for MAF like a 2nd rounder and something else like Samorukov for taking on some salary or retaining salary on MAF.

Pretty sure the Hawks would not want to swap Barrie for Murphy. Swap Holloway for Yamamoto and that would be a fair offer for Debrincat IMO.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Honestly I'd have a lot of time for Kubalik, but I think the Kane news kills that one...

It's tight, but taking a glance at cap friendly, it can be done with no other moves beyond waiving Kosko and LTIR'ing Smith for the rest of the season. You'd either add Fluery to below at 3.5mil or at 7 but with Kosko's remaining 3.375 coming off the cap. In other works, more or less the exact same number.
View attachment 500958
Sceviour, Benson, and 4K in the PB.

Hell, it would still leave them with room for Kane, which would make the LW look way less sad (though I do have Hyman on RW, which makes it look worse than it should).

The kane and toews trade rumors were 1st circulated by people who just throw nonsense out there. It was the interim GM who said there not on the trade block and unless either one says hey I want out chicago is in a holding position. Edmonton is interested in Kubalik that would work but adding fluery the numbers don't work . Who in Edmonton would back up fluery if they traded there goalie to chicago? Most legit playoff contenders have 2 phenomenal goalies. Or at least a backup who is playing like a starter.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
but he is or else you wouldn't be trading him 2 months after signing him....

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
We have better prospects and a better pick than those other suitors, even if we did add protection to the pick.

We could also add protection the other way. So another pick that gets better the later the Oilers finish.

What real elite prospects does edmonton have ? Edmonton was struggling just the past year with its talent level . Imo fluery would make edmonton a serious and dangerous team he struggled early on as expected new team and a horrible hc , since the firing of the hc fluery has played lights out . Kubalik is a pure goal scorer .

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
what would the hawks want for debrincat from the kings, clarke and byfield probably are non-starters.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
The rangers have a lot of young prospects and it's wishful thinking but looking at there record would they secretly inquire about kane ? They would have the rest of this year to win a cup or next year

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pretty sure the Hawks would not want to swap Barrie for Murphy. Swap Holloway for Yamamoto and that would be a fair offer for Debrincat IMO.

Holloway, Bourgault and a 1st for Debrincat who stands to have a huge raise after next season? Yeah good luck with that one.

but he is or else you wouldn't be trading him 2 months after signing him....

He's redundant because we have Bouchard who is a similar player type but younger, cheaper and better.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
what would the hawks want for debrincat from the kings, clarke and byfield probably are non-starters.
It would probably take a Byfield level prospect as the centerpiece. Then add. Walking 40 goal scorers don't grow on trees.

If DeBrincat is available it's probably because he doesn't want to re-sign and would walk himself to UFA in 2 seasons.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Just a price check, but, What's the price tag for De Haan or Murphy?

Edit. I didn't realize Murphy was RH. What's the price tag for De Haan.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Top 20 player from his draft class, 23 years old, on a great contract, drives incredible numbers...

He's easily worth a 1st round pick from a contender.
why is he worth a 1st round pick?

He is a 23 year old 6th round pick who has 44 career points. Guys like Hartman and Kapanen get 1st round picks but they're former first round picks themselves and are far more proven. Also Hagel playing with Kane is sure helping his numbers.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Holloway, Bourgault and a 1st for Debrincat who stands to have a huge raise after next season? Yeah good luck with that one.

I don't care one way or the other. I'm not a Hawks fan but your proposal was an unrealistic sweetheart deal for the Oilers.

What rights would a team have when Debrincat's current deal runs out and he is an RFA? If the Oilers couldn't pay Debrincat what comps are there in terms of trading him? Could Debrincat be offer-sheeted?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't care one way or the other. I'm not a Hawks fan but your proposal was an unrealistic sweetheart deal for the Oilers.

What rights would a team have when Debrincat's current deal runs out and he is an RFA? If the Oilers couldn't pay Debrincat what comps are there in terms of trading him? Could Debrincat be offer-sheeted?

And yours is a ridiculous overpay.

Why trade all of that ELC quality for a guy that you can't afford? That makes 0 sense.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
And yours is a ridiculous overpay.

Why trade all of that ELC quality for a guy that you can't afford? That makes 0 sense.

I don't necessarily disagree so why make a low proposal in the first place? Breaking down your proposal if you remove MAF and Barrie/Murphy- you offered a 1st, a recent 20-something 1st round pick and Yamamoto who is an underwhelming player for Debrincat who is a 40 goal player and a pt/gm player on a good team. Debrincat is on a team-friendly deal this season and next and then he'd be a RFA. Plus, you mentioned the Hawks taking back 7+ million in cap dumps this season and another 3+ next season. My deal might be a little high but your idea is ridiculous.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I’m fine selling off assets, but I want prospects in return, not picks. I have zero faith in our ability to draft past the first round.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I’m fine selling off assets, but I want prospects in return, not picks. I have zero faith in our ability to draft past the first round.
Really? But prospects traded in that scenario are more usually guys who didn't blow up their post draft years and are willingly to be parted with becasue of it.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
There could be tons of proposals for Debrincat and Kubalik, but I want Hagel. What kind of pick would the Hawks need for him?

with respect, I want the Oilers to at least try for the player they SHOULD have taken in his draft year and that's DeBrincat ! he even played one year with McDavid in Erie ! if the Hawks are crazy enough to even think about trading the guy, then the Oilers should be all in !! o_O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad