Value of: Blackhawks Trade Deadline Fire Sale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anything in particular the Blackhawks are after, or can we just go ahead and assume Kekalainen will find some way to get Connor Murphy for a 3rd and a fresh cup of coffee?

(Yes, I know Bowman isn't the GM anymore, but the despair in the start of this thread sure makes it sound like folks don't believe much has changed...)

Reactions: Fro

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Brandon Hagel should be a fairly well-valued player from a contender. A guy who can play on any line, brings some offense and forechecking + puck retrieval jam, and importantly is locked in at $1.5 million.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Anything in particular the Blackhawks are after, or can we just go ahead and assume Kekalainen will find some way to get Connor Murphy for a 3rd and a fresh cup of coffee?

(Yes, I know Bowman isn't the GM anymore, but the despair in the start of this thread sure makes it sound like folks don't believe much has changed...)
The Hawks should be initiating a full rebuild and targeting picks/prospects.

Why they would trade young talent like DeBrincat and Hagel is beyond me.

Kekalainen screwing the Hawks again? Sure, why not?

Reactions: Fro

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Hawks should be initiating a full rebuild and targeting picks/prospects.

Why they would trade young talent like DeBrincat and Hagel is beyond me.

Kekalainen screwing the Hawks again? Sure, why not?
Noted - but if that was the game plan, they probably wouldn't have gone for the Jones trade. I'm kind of more interested in what they're likely to do, and the sorts of folks they're likely to target. Assuming they're still on a quixotic drive for the playoffs - this year or next - what sorts of assets would be needed?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Noted - but if that was the game plan, they probably wouldn't have gone for the Jones trade. I'm kind of more interested in what they're likely to do, and the sorts of folks they're likely to target. Assuming they're still on a quixotic drive for the playoffs - this year or next - what sorts of assets would be needed?
I couldn't answer that.

I don't anyone understands the direction of the team right now.

The amount of mixed messaging is baffling.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
There could be tons of proposals for Debrincat and Kubalik, but I want Hagel. What kind of pick would the Hawks need for him?
Top 20 player from his draft class, 23 years old, on a great contract, drives incredible numbers...

He's easily worth a 1st round pick from a contender.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
What would Chicago want from Toronto, for a package of Hagel + Murphy?

1st '22 and Robertson? Toronto would also need to send some salary your way in any deal, which means that we'd propably have to include Holl+Ritchie, unless there's a big retention on Murphy - and that would drive the price up even more, which I don't know if the front office would palate.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I think Hagel would make a good addition to Calgary what about 2nd 22 + prospect? Idk if GMBT will move a 1st this year since we've been up/down all season

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So Blackhawks bros, I gotta ask, there's a name missing from the untouchables list that strikes me as odd - Kirby Dach? That can't be reality right? Would he really be available for the right price?
With the state and lack of clear direction from this organization who the heck knows.
Personally for me and probably most hawks fans he shouldn’t be moved at all even with his struggles. It’s a big ole question mark

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Brandon Hagel should be a fairly well-valued player from a contender. A guy who can play on any line, brings some offense and forechecking + puck retrieval jam, and importantly is locked in at $1.5 million.

Sounds like a player the Avs might get. Is he good on PK?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Not an Oiler fan but they have to be looking at something? There are some useful players on Chicago that fit their needs.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tolvanen, Carrier/Farrance/ and a 1st for DeBrincat

Forsberg-Granlund-Duchene
Debrincat-Johansen-Debrincat
HERD
Kids line
I think no matter how many assets you add you're still only going to get the one DeBrincat. Were you thinking Kunin on the second line, or something?

(Also I wouldn't expect DeBrincat to be that readily available, but, well, Chicago right now, who the heck knows, apparently.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad