Bill the Thrill: Nylander appreciation thread

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
His speed is becoming one of his more distinctive skills among the big four. He can really turn on the jets.

Almost in a Kapanen / Mikheyev way in terms of speed except Nylander has a much better shot, poise with the puck, and hockey IQ.

Pretty much.

I think his pre-draft scouting report said his ceiling was top 3 for the year.

I thought he would end up a C. I knew he would be clutch (IIHF).

Looks like he is down to business now, the women, the glam is been there done that and he is going for his big contract and a cup. Good for him.

Drunken killer whale?

Hope he keeps it up.

It's clearly the hotdog.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Pretty much.

I think his pre-draft scouting report said his ceiling was top 3 for the year.

I thought he would end up a C. I knew he would be clutch (IIHF).

Looks like he is down to business now, the women, the glam is been there done that and he is going for his big contract and a cup. Good for him.

It's clearly the hotdog.
He will end up at C once JT moves to LW

Reactions: saffronleaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Leads Leafs in EvG, EvP.

Has to get better on the PP to pad the points.
He's been playing the point in the PP and really isn't the type to just blast from there.

Did you notice on the shorty we gave up Tuesday he caught his man and limited him to a low % shot. Marner not skating hard left his man open for the rebound.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's been playing the point in the PP and really isn't the type to just blast from there.

Did you notice on the shorty we gave up Tuesday he caught his man and limited him to a low % shot. Marner not skating hard left his man open for the rebound.
Had Nylander stopped at the net he could have cleared the rebound.
Lots of fault to go around on that goal.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The way the puck came off Murray's pad, virtually impossible.
Definately impossible when he followed the shooter into the corner.

That's the risk with 5 forwards on the power play, and it's the second shorthanded goal they allowed since Keefe started doing that.
Yeah not really a fan. Marner made a terrible play but Nylander didn't help him out much either.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah not really a fan. Marner made a terrible play but Nylander didn't help him out much either.
Like you said there was blame to go all around on that play.

Personally, I feel more comfortable if Keefe went back to the 1st power play line of Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, and Rielly. That way we have at least one defenseman on the ice.

Reactions: ACC1224

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
No that would be silly to blame him for Marners play. I’m referring to his own play on the goal.
He caught the puck carrier, limited him to a low % shot, and when the puck bounced well past them and right to the man Marner failed to cover, you want to criticize Nylander?

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He caught the puck carrier, limited him to a low % shot, and when the puck bounced well past them and right to the man Marner failed to cover, you want to criticize Nylander?
yes, he could have played it better

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I suppose he could have assumed Marner would quit skating, stopped to cover the trailer in case of a rebound, and left the first player free to try to deke Murray.

Beyond that, no.
Marner was lying on the ice. He reacted slowly when he saw Marner was in trouble and then didn’t stop to clear the rebound but skated by the net.
Lots of blame to go around on that goal.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Like you said there was blame to go all around on that play.

Personally, I feel more comfortable if Keefe went back to the 1st power play line of Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, and Rielly. That way we have at least one defenseman on the ice.

Yeah if there’s anyone you want facing an odd man rush situation it’s Rielly.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Marner was lying on the ice. He reacted slowly when he saw Marner was in trouble and then didn’t stop to clear the rebound but skated by the net.
Lots of blame to go around on that goal.
If that's how you interpret what you saw, then you either really dislike Nylander or are desperate to deflect blame from Marner.

Nylander's started three strides behind his man and caught him. Marner was only a step behind his man at our blueline, and let him go.

Sep 18, 2009
1674178820736.png

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
If that's how you interpret what you saw, then you either really dislike Nylander or are desperate to deflect blame from Marner.

Nylander's started three strides behind his man and caught him. Marner was only a step behind his man at our blueline, and let him go.
Marner was terrible on the play as I mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad