Bill the Thrill: Nylander appreciation thread

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Put him back on C or make a stacked first line.

But who am i to talk i didn even watch the last game. Maby he was or maby they stacked the 1st line.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
FmuZ1_OWAAMFktG.jpg

FmuZ1_OX0AAKJlR.jpg

Reactions: saffronleaf and kb

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Put him back on C or make a stacked first line.

But who am i to talk i didn even watch the last game. Maby he was or maby they stacked the 1st line.

Hell no to him as a Center. Are we all watching the same game? He is less effective at Center. He’s way better as a winger.

We want him leading the rush, not down low fighting for the puck and then having to catch up in the play after. Him playing Center kind of takes away from what he’s best at, forcing turnovers up high and transitioning/leading the rush IMO

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Hell no to him as a Center. Are we all watching the same game? He is less effective at Center. He’s way better as a winger.

We want him leading the rush, not down low fighting for the puck and then having to catch up in the play after. Him playing Center kind of takes away from what he’s best at, forcing turnovers up high and transitioning/leading the rush IMO
Old post. This was when Matthews was hurt...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
ooooops there it is, ooooops there it is, ooooooops there it is ... Willy's back yes he's back, Willy's back yes he's back .. text from my son this morning .. omg another world class goal from Willy .. maybe goal of da year candidate in NHL season .. brought entire crowd up from their seats .. haven't seen that in a long time .. wow speed kills my friends .. Willy slowly dropped it into 4th by centre ice, 5th by blue line and then right into 6th gear by D man before using his edges to make a highly skilled play with his stick on da deke by Bobbo .. folks there are 4 guys on planet who can make that play happen .. and we got one of those guys here in TO baby .. he does not do it often enough but when he decides my friends it is gonna take Makar to stop it or maybe MAC or McJesus but only a few guys .. watch it over again it competes with Makara goal last year

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
His speed is becoming one of his more distinctive skills among the big four. He can really turn on the jets.

Almost in a Kapanen / Mikheyev way in terms of speed except Nylander has a much better shot, poise with the puck, and hockey IQ.
His first step is fantastic, along with using his strength to separate. When it's a 1v1 chasing for the puck he almost always gets the better of that battle.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
His speed is becoming one of his more distinctive skills among the big four. He can really turn on the jets.

Almost in a Kapanen / Mikheyev way in terms of speed except Nylander has a much better shot, poise with the puck, and hockey IQ.
He definitely doesn’t have the initial acceleration of those guys but his crossovers when he’s skating forward are as dynamic as any player in the league. He gets the puck into the zone so easily because defensemen have no choice but to back up with how effortlessly he changes directions and gets to the outside lane.

Really just love how he’s developed as a shooter though. I mean it was fun seeing him in his rookie years only try to snipe glove side top corner on every shot but he’s so much more effective now shooting lower on average with a much quicker release. And he’s gotten so nice with deking out the goalie, his backhand move is so slick

Ad

Ad

Ad