Value of: Best RHD to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Not sure why you quoted me when I said we shouldn't interested in moving Ceci either. He isn't a cap dump either, he's very good when not forced on to a top pairing role. There are far worse RD who will be signed for far longer and far more money this summer. Ceci adds value to the deal. With Parayko's cap hit and injury concerns, I'm not sure if a 1st and prospect is really the right price.
Every player has injuries. He played 79 games and 23 toi average. His cap is 6.5 locked up for a while. His d numbers are not bad. All of his partners were hurt never had a steady one. If you look at his numbers you will see he performed above average. Put him with a legit # 1 and boom. He is being undervalued and it's just dumb. You haven't but others have

I've heard the quality of those minutes compared to his past history deteriorated big time.

You can sell he played.. I don't think you can sell he played well. Though I'm guessing you're going to try just judging by the return you're asking.
He had a bad partner and he plays in all defensive zone starts.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yeah. That's exactly my thinking with Nurse. I don't think a leopard is gonna change it's spots there. Might as well find someone to play to that and let him loose.

As far as Bouchard, i also agree. It makes sense for him to take a bridge deal and get paid the entire Brinks truck when the cap opens up and he has even more leverage with years of productive experience.

However...the offer sheet thing could still throw a wrench in the works. If structured the right way, it would allow him to potentially get a much bigger "bridge deal" and still get ABSOLUTELY PAID at the end of it. Wouldn't even have to be about a team expecting to land Bouchard...but it's an opportunity to make life more difficult for a contending conference/division rival.

ex//Even if someone tossed a 1 or 2-year x $6.4M offer at him. The Oilers match obviously...but that's pretty bad news for the "affordable bridge". And still leaves Bouchard the opportunity to get paid just the same coming off his bridge deal. Just makes far more $$$ in the meantime. Or they could go the insane "poison pill" route that walks Bouchard right to UFA. That'd also carry a huge cap number in the meantime.

I don't really worry about losing players to offersheets, and it's not something that a lot of GMs even leverage anyway. But it's certainly an opportunity to jack up Edmonton's cap situation for the next couple years.

Of course, that also assumes Bouchard would sign the offer, rather than just accepting that playing with McDavid and Draisaitl around is potentially going to net him an even bigger contract down the line. Just saying...it's a possibility still.

Yeah... but you gotta think unless management is jerking the kid around that there would be some "let's win a cup" peer pressure from the elder statesmen in that room. McD and Drai are not dumb, they know reasonable depth is their best key to a cup. And Bouch knows they are the key to his payday.

Reactions: biturbo19

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Tough one here. Nobody was talking about trading Ceci last year, and this year it was well documented that he battled through a core injury for a good chunk of the season. So we're going to trade a great value defenseman who we know is capable of playing in the top 4 at his lowest point of value. The risk far outways the reward IMO. Obviously if there's a great deal on Karlsson, you might pull the trigger there, but everything else is throwing darts.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Assuming the Oilers want to improve on Cody Ceci's miserable year last year (and not stand pat, which is probably what Holland will do) who is the best RHD available for trade or a UFA signing?

Possible targets are:

Damon Severson (UFA)
Erik Karlsson (SJS)
John Klingberg (UFA)
Matt Dumba (UFA)
Kevin Shattenkirk (UFA)
Scott Mayfield (UFA)
Only one they should look at from that list is Mayfield and he will get too much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad