Value of: Best offer for Scheifele

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Something needs to change in Jets land. With the acquisition of PLD last season it was thought that the Jets were going to have one of the better one/two punches down the middle. Well, that hasn't happened.

PLD is pulling his weight and then some, but it almost feels as though Scheifele is resenting the fact he is no longer the lone go to guy at C. His effort level is brutal, he has lost his scoring touch it seems and he has been trending down for the last few seasons in a big way.

Don't get me wrong he is still capable of being a great player and is on a nice contract for a few more yrs at about 6.2mil/per. I just fee a change of scenery may be in order for not just him but the Winnipeg Jets as a team. Its almost as if he has lost interest in Winnipeg.

Obviously it would have to be a great offer for the Chevy to consider, and I am pretty certain he is not in any way exploring this option, but I am curious as to what other fans around the league feel he would be worth and what you would think a good offer would be. Thoughts?

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Nothing less than 1st plus center prospect. Pointless threads on main boards where fans offer garbage in return
I realize that. I just wanted to have some fun on a depressing day and gauge others reactions and offers. I fully expect to shift through a pile of shit to maybe find a diamond in the rough, but whatever. What else is a hockey forum for?

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Something needs to change in Jets land. With the acquisition of PLD last season it was thought that the Jets were going to have one of the better one/two punches down the middle. Well, that hasn't happened.

PLD is pulling his weight and then some, but it almost feels as though Scheifele is resenting the fact he is no longer the lone go to guy at C. His effort level is brutal, he has lost his scoring touch it seems and he has been trending down for the last few seasons in a big way.

Don't get me wrong he is still capable of being a great player and is on a nice contract for a few more yrs at about 6.2mil/per. I just fee a change of scenery may be in order for not just him but the Winnipeg Jets as a team. Its almost as if he has lost interest in Winnipeg.

Obviously it would have to be a great offer for the Chevy to consider, and I am pretty certain he is not in any way exploring this option, but I am curious as to what other fans around the league feel he would be worth and what you would think a good offer would be. Thoughts?

Has been > PPG 5 seasons in a row and literally had the best scoring rate of his career last season.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Or maybe he's still recovering from Covid (See Zibanejad last year)

Scheifele has been a lazy one-way player for longer than 12 months. People think he is suddenly having a bad year simply because the points aren't coming right now but the truth is he hasn't been this 200' franchise center since he was younger. He can get as hot offensively as anybody in the league not named McDrai and his contract is still a bargain for somebody of his reputation but I really don't think Scheifele is anywhere near the guy people think he is based on his scoring totals. Dubois is the guy you build around if we are being honest - he's the guy that looks like an all-around beast that combines skill, size and effort.

Maurice will never sanction trading him but the very reason to look at offers for Scheifele is because he should have astronomical value especially to some franchise out there willing to overlook his consistent lack of effort and take him on as a marketable star.

As for Wheeler...he's 35, he should be on the third line and makes $8.25 million for two more years after this one. He doesn't have positive value in any realistic world. The Jets are stuck with him.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Scheifele is a good player who seems to have some attitude problems. Any team that has him as their leader isn't going to win much until he matures. Which at age 28 and his most recent suspension, seems unlikely to ever happen.

I could see Boston making some sense, hoping he could learn under Bergeron's final few seasons, no idea what they'd offer tho.

Maybe Vancouver in a deal around Horvat.

I wonder which team would say no in this 1 for 1: Barzal for Scheifele

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This isn't bad luck, this is bad effort:
hwg0pnF.png

This is not new even when he is scoring (2 years ago):
DF92G8V.png

People think I'm slandering Scheif here and I'm really not - he's a superduper offensive star player especially when he's on a heater. But there's not much to distinguish between him and Kuznetsov, both big, brilliant offensive centers - yet one constantly gets mentioned as a Top 10 center and one constantly gets dumped on for not always giving effort or being consistent or utilizing all his talents.

That said - he's still worth a TON in a trade especially with his contract. Just...know what you are getting.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Scheifele is a good player who seems to have some attitude problems. Any team that has him as their leader isn't going to win much until he matures. Which at age 28 and his most recent suspension, seems unlikely to ever happen.

I could see Boston making some sense, hoping he could learn under Bergeron's final few seasons, no idea what they'd offer tho.

I would do that NYI deal in a heartbeat with the way Scheif is currently trying

Reactions: thai jet

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
what are the jets holes? still needing RHD?

Holes? None

Upgrades? Sure, literally every team can upgrade every position including the Jets. If Mark was ever traded (he won't be, but just playing along) send the Jets back a 1C earning 6.125 million per year signed for 2.5 more years & producing at a PPG pace for years. Good luck with that.

Fans are frustrated regarding the head coach (rightfully so) and losing streak........Mark & his contract has huge value.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021

I don't see the Isles trading Barzal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad