Value of: Bennett to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
The only thing clear here is that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Still waiting for an answer.

There can't actually be Panthers fans who think Bennett is a #1C, right?

Career high 49pts, career high pace of 55 and currently on pace for 51 lol

Reactions: Linds

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I think it's more the Girard improving Florida's D comment...
He’d be your 2nd best defender on day one.

Avs would be so dumb to trade Girard. Their defense is the backbone of their success. And Girard looks great playing with the likes of Byram, Manson, Makar or Toews.

Here are the two trades the Avs need to make to firmly establish themselves as the top team in the western conference.

- Brad Hunt for Cale Makar (probably happens next game)

- Landy for Ben Meyers (probably happens around March 17th).

Avs demolished Vegas last night without those two guys. Avs need to make zero dumb trades to position themselves for the post season. They are three points back of the top seed with 2 games in hand and a very easy schedule after this weekend.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Girard is a good top 4D.

Florida desperately needs D....

Imagine that.

We don't need a Girard style D though and we're not gonna give you Bennett for something we don't need.

Forsling, Montour and Ekblad provide offense for us.

He’d be your 2nd best defender on day one.

Okay. I take Forsling, Montour and Ekblad over Girard for offense, if Girard was a good defensive D, it's another story.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
We don't need a Girard style D though and we're not gonna give you Bennett for something we don't need.

Okay. I take Forsling, Montour and Ekblad over Girard for offense, if Girard was a good defensive, it's another story.
Yeah I have to agree with this. The defenseman that Florida would want from us aren’t ones we would be moving.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Okay. I take Forsling, Montour and Ekblad over Girard for offense, if Girard was a good defensive D, it's another story.
Girard is an excellent defensive D. When you’re a great skater, quick and have an active stick, you’ll be good in this department. That and puck transition are where he excels.

Girard gave Vegas fits last night when they’d dump the puck into his corner, he’d fetch it, turn it up ice and ruin their forecheck.

Vegas got off like 1 shot in 15 minutes of a 3rd period they were losing 2:0. Vegas was on a nine game point streak too. Not anymore.

Avs would be morons go trade Girard.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yeah I have to agree with this. The defenseman that Florida would want from us aren’t ones we would be moving.
It’s the struggle on this board: the positions works but not the skill sets.

Can we interest you in a gently used E. Staal? Pacing for a 27 goal season since he had his first goal 😜

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Dont see this trade happen at all...

I get the feeling MacFarland has something cooking with the Flyers....

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Girard is an excellent defensive D. When you’re a great skater, quick and have an active stick, you’ll be good in this department. That and puck transition are where he excels.

Girard gave Vegas fits last night when they’d dump the puck into his corner, he’d fetch it, turn it up ice and ruin their forecheck.

Vegas got off like 1 shot in 15 minutes of a 3rd period they were losing 2:0. Vegas was on a nine game point streak too. Not anymore.

Avs would be morons go trade Girard.

Can we see some of his analytics then?
But I still wouldn't move Bennett unless it's an overpay.

Reinhart for sure though.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
We really need to start breaking up these D categories a bit more.
Girard is neither an offensive or defensive D.
He is a 2way transition D.
And he really isn't what Florida needs.
He might improve the overall group, but he wouldn't be who I would target

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Can we see some of his analytics then?
But I still wouldn't move Bennett unless it's an overpay.

Reinhart for sure though.
The Avs were absolutely decimated by injuries this season, but they’ve been getting guys back since New Year’s Day. So the real proxy for this team is those 23 games since 1/1/23 when they didn’t have ~8 AHL level players on the ice a given night.

In those 23 games, Girard played in all of them.

He’s a +6, he’s got 2 goals and 14 assists (.7 PPG), he’s averaging 21 minutes a game and has a Corsi for of .55 while he’s deployed in the D zone about 52% of the time. Avs are 15-6-2 in those games.

Play Girard with a solid partner like Manson or Byram and he does great. Play him with scrubs like Englund or washed up dudes like EJ and he struggles.

That’s the book on him. In his two games vs the Panthers this year. He had 2 assists. -1 and +1. 6 combined blocked shots and 4 hits. Averaged about 23 minutes.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
It’s the struggle on this board: the positions works but not the skill sets.

Can we interest you in a gently used E. Staal? Pacing for a 27 goal season since he had his first goal
I mean if this is how you define gentle:

1677598601683.gif

Then your statement checks out.

Reactions: violaswallet

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023

Girard > Montour quite easily

Girard >>> Staal/Gudas in your top 4

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Avs were absolutely decimated by injuries this season, but they’ve been getting guys back since New Year’s Day. So the real proxy for this team is those 23 games since 1/1/23 when they didn’t have ~8 AHL level players on the ice a given night.

In those 23 games, Girard played in all of them.

He’s a +6, he’s got 2 goals and 14 assists (.7 PPG), he’s averaging 21 minutes a game and has a Corsi for of .55 while he’s deployed in the D zone about 52% of the time. Avs are 15-6-2 in those games.

Play Girard with a solid partner like Manson or Byram and he does great. Play him with scrubs like Englund or washed up dudes like EJ and he struggles.

That’s the book on him.

I think you'll find that most Panther fans love Bennett and Girard just doesn't seem like the guy Florida needs.
Sounds like Forsling who is better IMO.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Bennett is one of Florida's most valuable players. He does a lot of things that don't show up on the scoresheet and is a perfect center for Tkachuk.

I see no reason for them to trade him for anything short of a significant overpayment.
Bennett is one of Florida's most valuable players. He does a lot of things that don't show up on the scoresheet and is a perfect center for Tkachuk.

I see no reason for them to trade him for anything short of a significant overpayment.
This is some serious over rating of a 50pt #2C

Hes a very good #2C, but Florida has some major holes to fill on D and they're fairly deep at C already. You have to give to get

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad