Value of: Bennett to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This is 100% wrong and ALWAYS has been.

If a team decides to overpay for a certain player is DOESN'T reset the market for everyone else.

If the Avalanche decided to pay 5 FIRST ROUND PICKS for Sam Lafferty - do you think it would mean that everyone else that is better than Sam Lafferty (at least 75% of the rest of the league) gets a return that is exponentially more than what the Avs just gave up?

No, absolutely not.
This. It’s Ben Chiarot-itis

Also Tampa just operates differently, they target relatively young and cheaper cost controlled players who can fill specific roles/needs for them so they identify the 1-2 players available who fit them and pay the price it takes to get it done.

The price they pay is irrelevant to older players, more expensive players, or players who aren’t cheap and cost-controlled.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
The alternative would be focusing on someone who can pass as a center for Colorado without giving up the pieces. I wouldn’t give up Toews for Bennett personally but that’s just my opinion. I would do whatever’s needed within reason to resign him.

True, that's another option. But it's looking like a really bad year for UFA centers, so I'm not sure how to make that work. The "best" option on that side looks like resigning Compher and/or Rodriguez. Or maybe Newhook takes another step in his 3rd year...

I'm also not advocating for Toews for Bennett. I'm more pointing out that there are options which could potentially address more than just the desire for a better 2C.

Reactions: SnS

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
True, that's another option. But it's looking like a really bad year for UFA centers, so I'm not sure how to make that work. The "best" option on that side looks like resigning Compher and/or Rodriguez. Or maybe Newhook takes another step in his 3rd year...

I'm also not advocating for Toews for Bennett. I'm more pointing out that there are options which could potentially address more than just the desire for a better 2C.

That’s true as well. It’ll definitely be interesting. I think you can fit mostly anyone in between Col’s wingers when healthy and it’ll work out. But you would know better than me.

Yeah, that makes sense. I understand. I personally would hang onto Toews and push for the cup, using other assets to fill a hole where they feel they need an upgrade or depth.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Make it a 3 way!

Detroit sends Bertuzzi to Colorado.
Colorado sends Girard + to Florida
Florida sends Bennett to Detroit
Want nobody with the last name Bertuzzi in a Colorado jersey. Pretty sure most Avs fans feel the same way.

MODS, can we close this until someone with credibility adds to this rumor?
Dater is just like every other post made by HFBoard members. Speculation and all. See no reason to close a thread because someone with the same creds as a regular poster put this up.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Bennet is like Kadri-lite. I think he'd be a good fit at 2C and should be the Avs main target if Florida decides to sell.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Panthers are in such a weird spot that you could make a bonafide case for multiple courses of action. They essentially forfeited this year with the Tkachuk trade and are building for the future.

But when does that future start? Next year? If they think it’s next year then they won’t/shouldn’t trade Bennett. But they do need movable assets/picks they could use down the road and if moving Bennett gives them what they need there, then it would be the smart move.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Bennett and/or Reinhart would be on the block because Florida are cap crunched. With Landeskog and/or Erik Johnson on LTIR the Avs could absorb one of them for now without moving salary out, but they'd have to solve the cap issue over the summer to some extent. Bennett is a better fit but barring an actual 2C I suspect the Avs would be also be open to adding Top 6 or Top 9 forward to their mix with term, especially with Compher and Rodrigues both UFA this summer.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
Panthers are in such a weird spot that you could make a bonafide case for multiple courses of action. They essentially forfeited this year with the Maurice hiring and are building for the future.
Fixed that for you.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Fixed that for you.
The Cats may have overpaid a bit for Tkachuk and are strapped asset wise as a result, but hiring Maurice was by far the biggest mistake they made. I don’t think they were wrong moving on from Bruno, but to go with Maurice was just downright comical.

I’ve come to expect nothing less after almost 30 years of watching this franchise.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Bennett and/or Reinhart would be on the block because Florida are cap crunched. With Landeskog and/or Erik Johnson on LTIR the Avs could absorb one of them for now without moving salary out, but they'd have to solve the cap issue over the summer to some extent. Bennett is a better fit but barring an actual 2C I suspect the Avs would be also be open to adding Top 6 or Top 9 forward to their mix with term, especially with Compher and Rodrigues both UFA this summer.
We're only cap crunched for this season. We'll have around $10mil give or take to play with come FA. No need to open cap space for now since we aren't in a spot to buy.

Wouldn't be upset though to trade Reinhart for a good top4 D

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad