BENCH CHABOT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Some people just want to run star players out of town..... heard this record before

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Chabot was never the problem

The problem is that we overplay him because we don’t have many good options on D. I like Reilly, but he’s a bottom pair option.

This fanbase has always treated our star players like shit, and Chabot appears to be no different.

This is a croc. Chabot's ice was swollen because of limited ice allocated to the 3rd pair. That's a fact. Chabot's ice has f*** all to do with Mike Reilly. As for Reilly, like him or not he's played well.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is a croc. Chabot's ice was swollen because of limited ice allocated to the 3rd pair. That's a fact. Chabot's ice has f*** all to do with Mike Reilly. As for Reilly, like him or not he's played well.

I'm no fan of Rielly but he's played well after the first dozen games or so even if I still feel he is miscast in a top 4 role.

Having said that, to say Chabot's icetime has nothing to do with Rielly suggests that it isn't possible for him to get more icetime too. Reilly is sitting around the bottom end of what a typical top 4 defender gets at 19 mins a night.

So as you said, we don't trust our bottom pair to play the mins bottom pairs would usually get. But that leaves two possibilities, we are giving those traditional bottom pair mins directly to Chabot rather than splitting them between Chabot and Reilly, or Perhaps Reilly is getting some or all of them, but then Chabot is getting mins that would have otherwise gone to a 2nd pair.

Idk, I think it's reasonable to think Chabot's icetime would be lower if we trusted our 2nd pair more too; the bottom pair is certainly a driving force but it's all interconnected.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I'm no fan of Rielly but he's played well after the first dozen games or so even if I still feel he is miscast in a top 4 role.

Having said that, to say Chabot's icetime has nothing to do with Rielly suggests that it isn't possible for him to get more icetime too. Reilly is sitting around the bottom end of what a typical top 4 defender gets at 19 mins a night.

So as you said, we don't trust our bottom pair to play the mins bottom pairs would usually get. But that leaves two possibilities, we are giving those traditional bottom pair mins directly to Chabot rather than splitting them between Chabot and Reilly, or Perhaps Reilly is getting some or all of them, but then Chabot is getting mins that would have otherwise gone to a 2nd pair.

Idk, I think it's reasonable to think Chabot's icetime would be lower if we trusted our 2nd pair more too; the bottom pair is certainly a driving force but it's all interconnected.

They need Chabot so they can tell what the rookies look like playing with high end skill
guys like Batherson White Norris Formenton will be being pushed by Sokolov, Brown??, Greig and Pinto so choices for the core will be need to made soon once waiver eligibility shows up the try out stage is risky business

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I chose Mike Reilly because he’s the other OFD on the team. And I like him and think he’s played generally well, but when we need a goal or it’s a close game, DJ starts over-relying on Chabot because we don’t have another good OFD.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

Agree with you on Reilly's role. If he's a bottom pair guy he's probably a fan favorite. I would actually keep him if we can get a shorter term deal worked out at a good value (~3 yrs). He'd be easy to move if Brann and Sanderson work out and good bottom pair guy if one doesn't work out.

Getting a RD to either play with Chabot or on the second pair (if Zub is to play with Chabot) should be priority #1 next season. We ask way too much of Chabot.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Time to put Zub with Chabot and pair up our two best dmen.

i want that personally as well but i just dont think we can do it considering the dmen that we have left

brannstrom/gudbransson/zaistev/jbd/j brown

any combo of that for 2 pairings is asking us to get our asses kicked lmao

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
full

Hockey Stat Cards

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad