BENCH CHABOT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sorry missed that point. A guy like Pronger could log heavy minutes and not affect his game. Obviously that's not the case with Chabot.

The guy who played with teams that had Al Macinnis, Scott Neidermeyer and Kimmo Timonen for 15 of his 17 NHL seasons?

And was on playoff and contender teams for 15 straight seasons?

This the benchmark we gonna have for Chabot? Comparing him to one of the greatest 2 way D's of all time that actually had support?

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
You don't bench your #1 Dman but you need to reduce his minutes. Enough of this "he's better when he plays more mins". That is NOT the case.

We need another top LD dman that can eat minutes. Only one we have in the org is Sanderson.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Chabot has missed three games this year. We allowed a combined 17 goals over those three games.

So, no......no I would not recommend benching him.
If he missed 3 games now I'd doubt the team would allow the same amount of goals.

But yea benching him would not be a smart decision. Dial his minutes back.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
He makes about the same amount of f**k ups as Karlsson did, yet he is forced to play 35 minutes with a worse defense behind him.

I mean I'm not thrilled with what he's doing, but give him a decent defense behind him and I'd be surprised if that happens as regularly.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He is, by far, the best player on the team.

Play him less and find players to help him out.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Sorry missed that point. A guy like Pronger could log heavy minutes and not affect his game. Obviously that's not the case with Chabot.

Chabot carries the puck out of trouble. He uses his legs much more than Pronger did.

Pronger’s elbows might get tired with his style of play, but he didn’t have to have the heart and lungs of a racehorse to log those minutes.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Calm down. When the guy is expected to carry the team you get put in a lot of tough situations. Everyone makes dumb plays, accept it as it is and move on. No need to get panties in a bunch.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You don't bench your #1 Dman but you need to reduce his minutes. Enough of this "he's better when he plays more mins". That is NOT the case.

We need another top LD dman that can eat minutes. Only one we have in the org is Sanderson.

Thing is...you're at the mic, you're being asked questions and you gotta say something

What you cannot say is "i don't have any confidence in my 3rd LD"

Chabot's numbers jumping to 30 a night pretty much correlate with Brannstrom needing more seasoning, Wolanin drawing in but playing roughly 5 minutes less a game than Brannstrom was playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad