Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
My opinion, no. There’s too many other rental D out there this year for it to be a seller’s market.

But…every year seems like some team overpays so why not ask for it and see if a team gets desperate.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Kris Russell got a conditional first+

That being said Chiarot is terrible, can’t see a team looking back on acquiring him and thinking they made the right choice

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I'm expecting a second round pick but hoping to be pleasantly surprised

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Which contenders need a gritty LHD for their Top 4? The answer to the OP’s question is derived from this one; a 1st for a 3rd pairing D is excessive.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think a first is plausible especially if we are talking about a pick projected in the late 20s, and depending on how their situation is with injuries and whatnot

A pick in the late 20s sounds less impressive than a "first round pick" even though it's technically the same thing.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It might happen but it shouldn't happen . I doubt it will happen . I thinking a late 2nd and a C prospect

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
It’s hilarious our people here solely evaluate Chiariot’s value based on playing on the worst team in the league, and forgetting about his performance in the playoffs last year.

He certainly has flaws, but for a team looking for a rock solid defence first player who can play 20-25 minutes a night and anchor a PK, there’s not many better options available at the trade deadline.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo hes worth a 1st

He doesnt get a ton of points. That's the only way he isnt worth a 1st. So the question is, how much is every other part of the game worth? He is big, mobile, he hits, he kills penalties. He also has a track record of excelling in the playoffs (I think I remember that one right). Most of all, he plays a ton of minutes. More than Petry on his team even

It matters what your team needs. Imo for my Oilers, he slots in beautifully at 2nd LD. Or, he makes the bottom pairing into an alternate 2nd pairing. He would be a great complement to our RDs: Bouchard, Ceci, Barrie

Reactions: pth2 and Archijerej

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Habs want a 1st pick in return for Chiarot, do you think that he can bring that with his recent play? (He don't play really good).
I don't think Habs get a 1st for Chiarot.

He has to establish a larger body of work to get established, so to speak.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Can he play the right side? Would be a perfect partner for Sam Girard in Colorado.

He mostly plays the left but he has played the right side at times. Didn't affect his game much as it's more so about being an SOB on the Ice. Girard would be a good partner for him imo. Would make a solid 2nd pair.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Hughes has already got over 25 calls for Chariot, its wild, EVERYBODY wants him. the offers are two pages long now 6 teams have already ordered his hockey equipment with the logos. Habs have had to replace the fax machine role of paper 4 times. In the first time in the nhl A Saudi Prince is ready to write a cheque.

Reactions: knuck and kanucks25

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
He's pretty good in the playoffs, he was a beast for us in our cup run. I think someone will pay a late 1st for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad