Value of: Before the Draft LA: players available make an offer!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Tell me why I am stupid

To Colorado -Danault
To LA- D Toews (signed)

Toews-Doughty
Anderson-Roy

Landeskog-Mckinnon-Nichushkin
Lehkonin-Danault-Rantanen

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Tell me why I am stupid

To Colorado -Danault
To LA- D Toews (signed)

Toews-Doughty
Anderson-Roy

Landeskog-Mckinnon-Nichushkin
Lehkonin-Danault-Rantanen
We’re not making a hole to fill a different hole. If LA does this deal we are instantly looking for a 2C. Much easier to fill a 2nd pair LD then to find another good 2C.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
We’re not making a hole to fill a different hole. If LA does this deal we are instantly looking for a 2C. Much easier to fill a 2nd pair LD then to find another good 2C.
2nd pair Devon Toews hmm interesting. I figured LA would want to try one of there million center prospects in that spot.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I would say it's the opposite.

Danauld is 2nd line center on Kings paper only.
In no shape or form is he a top 6 center since he misses offense and playmaking abilities.

Anyways this is all a wash, since both guys are at the end of their career and i want to make space for our youngsters to take over the center positions.

Kupari or Byfield will be more than capable to play this role since they already click with their newly assigned wingers.

Fiala - Kupari - Villardi looked fantastic in mid and pre season
Also Toews would save us 1 mill in cap space

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
2nd pair Devon Toews hmm interesting. I figured LA would want to try one of there million center prospects in that spot.
Our top pair is good we need a 2 pair LD if we cannot sign the one we had traded for. Putting one of our prospects at 2C when non have grown into that yet would be taking steps backwards at this point.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Our top pair is good we need a 2 pair LD if we cannot sign the one we had traded for. Putting one of our prospects at 2C when non have grown into that yet would be taking steps backwards at this point.
What do you think about moving one of the 2 top pair LD to the second pairing? Byfield Pinelli Kupari Helenius Vilardi Turcotte Thomas Madden Anderson could play center. See what you have if nothing pops get another center at the deadline.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
If Toews is a 2nd pair LD then Danault is a 3C.

Player for player, I feel like Toews is the more valuable player... but considering contracts I see why LA does not make this trade. Toews' extension is going to be aggressive.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Seriously ? The fact that you guys aren’t even open for a discussion about him says a lot for a team who didn’t even get past the first round

He scored 40 goals this year, was their best player in the first round, is only 26 years old, and has three years left at an absolute sweetheart number. Why *should* they be willing to move him? Especially for HFBoards typical "2025 lotto protected pick, 4th best prospect, 3rd liner, and a 2nd" prices?

I'm not sure who you're a fan of, but there were a couple Habs fans in this thread... really, what are the Habs giving up that helps the Kings compete faster? We all know that they're rebuilding and young pieces like Suzuki/Caufield/Dach are pieces Habs fans want to hold onto. They're not moving Slaf so quickly. They'll want to hold onto lottery picks too, so what's left? Anderson, Florida's pick, Harris, other lesser bits? It just makes no sense for the position of the two teams.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Durzi for Sharangovich

I like Durzi but not sure he's the fit we'd need. If Bahl gets bumped up to Graves' spot on the shutdown pair with Marino, Hughes-Durzi on the 3rd pair might be really exciting for the right and wrong reasons. Hughes-Marino and Bahl-Durzi could fit, but then I'd worry about who was killing penalties on the 2nd unit.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What is LA looking for?

Any interest in wingers Boeser or Garland for Durzi? Not sure Durzi is even the best fit for us, probably another team would pay more. Now Roy or Mikey would be fantastic...

I don't think Durzi makes any sense at all for Vancouver. They've already got two undersized RHD, particularly with Hronek coming in now, along with Bear in the mix would make Durzi totally redundant.

We don't really make good trading partners with LA in general. They've got a similar surplus of wingers and smaller defencemen. They have no need for guys like Boeser or Garland and we have no need for the guys that they'd actually be moving like Durzi or...various smaller wingers.

Yeah. I feel like Danault was one of the things that actually worked as intended for the Kings in the playoffs. I don't see any reason to mess with that. Creates a huge hole in their lineup that none of their prospects really seem anywhere close to ready to fill.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I like Durzi but not sure he's the fit we'd need. If Bahl gets bumped up to Graves' spot on the shutdown pair with Marino, Hughes-Durzi on the 3rd pair might be really exciting for the right and wrong reasons. Hughes-Marino and Bahl-Durzi could fit, but then I'd worry about who was killing penalties on the 2nd unit.
I'd think Bahl plays with Durzi and Hughes plays with Marino at least in the beginning if this happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad