Value of: Before the Draft LA: players available make an offer!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
After watching the Kings get physically out-matched against of all teams, the Oilers, i think they need some big tough hombres on the back-end.

Edmunston for Durzi is what i would offer from the Habs perspective. Durzi played soft all series. I think he could be a good pairing with Xhekaj.

With Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj and Harris and with Lane Hutson in the pipe there is no room for Ed on LD for the Habs.
The Oilers are a tough team. Narrative's need to die. Draisaitl, Kane, Kostin, Nurse, Ekholm, Desharnais are all massive dudes with bite. Not one D man on the team under 6'2 200.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
After watching the Kings get physically out-matched against of all teams, the Oilers, i think they need some big tough hombres on the back-end.

Edmunston for Durzi is what i would offer from the Habs perspective. Durzi played soft all series. I think he could be a good pairing with Xhekaj.

With Matheson, Guhle, Xhekaj and Harris and with Lane Hutson in the pipe there is no room for Ed on LD for the Habs.
Why do people use this early mid 2010s narrative of the Oilers being small and soft? Average size of the Oilers is 6'2 203 pounds, with the defense in particular being on average 6'3 and 208 pounds. Plenty of guys who play the body like Kane/Kostin/Nurse/Desharnais.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What's the sweetener to dump Petersen. Turcotte too much?

That seems a bit light considering Turcottes inability to stay healthy.

Big risk for both teams in a trade like that. Im not sure LA pays the piper this year, maybe just a buy out next year.

Or you could believe Blake who is supposedly going to get Petey back to the nhl next season, not sure in what capacity, perhaps he could play left right out.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
That seems a bit light considering Turcottes inability to stay healthy.

Big risk for both teams in a trade like that. Im not sure LA pays the piper this year, maybe just a buy out next year.

Or you could believe Blake who is supposedly going to get Petey back to the nhl next season, not sure in what capacity, perhaps he could play left right out.

Roy/Turcotte/Petersen for a 2nd (39th overall)?

It seems like LAK signing Korpi and Gavri is crucial. Sabres dont have a lineup spot for Iafallo. Tough to give up Roy and Turcotte but you've got cap space now.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

It seems like LAK signing Korpi and Gavri is crucial. Sabres dont have a lineup spot for Iafallo. Tough to give up Roy and Turcotte but you've got cap space now.

Yeah i dont know. Roy is pretty important to us but he will need a new deal soon. I really like Gavrikov but do we want to be getting into a bidding war on his ufa contract. It depends if we get him at a decent $ number.

It might make more sense for us to move some of our middle age wingers for futures to clear cap. Guys like Iafallo, Arvidson and recently re signed Moore from thousand oaks.

We probably need some of our prospects to force their way onto the team to balance the books otherwise it wont be pretty.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Matt Roy would be of interest to the Sabres due to his style and handiness. Perhaps our 2023 and 2024 2nds plus a prospect

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
We need KYLE CLIFFORD
And how would an AHL talent help. That’s what he is at this point.

Our teams issue in the playoffs was defending and defending on the penalty kill so moving one of our best defenders should be a no go. I would not move Roy at all.

Reactions: Kurrilino

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We’re not making a hole to fill a different hole. If LA does this deal we are instantly looking for a 2C. Much easier to fill a 2nd pair LD then to find another good 2C.

Were you implying you could make do with a 2nd pairing LD or implying Toews is a 2LD? He’s absolutely a top pairing guy. That value is absolutely tilled in LA’s favour and I say that liking Danault.

The Oilers are a tough team. Narrative's need to die. Draisaitl, Kane, Kostin, Nurse, Ekholm, Desharnais are all massive dudes with bite. Not one D man on the team under 6'2 200.

Foegele and Hyman play physically too. Funny how some posters comment without actually watch how the team plays.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Blake just announced that Petersen is going nowhere.
He will be back in the NHL next year.

You ghouls can ask somewhere else for picks

RHD with size and mobility
What do you consider his upside to be?

Bottom pairing? Second pairing? I see quite a bit of criticism concerning Durzi. Is there a reason Bjornfot couldn’t get in during the playoffs? Just a McLellan doing his thing?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Were you implying you could make do with a 2nd pairing LD or implying Toews is a 2LD? He’s absolutely a top pairing guy. That value is absolutely tilled in LA’s favour and I say that liking Danault.

I’m saying the Kings need a 2nd pairing LD we already have Mikey Anderson on the top pair with Drew. We have plenty of assets to move without tearing into our roster for a 2nd pair guy. Toews is good but to expensive for what we need. Hopes we sign the one we traded for as he fit nicely and don’t have to keep moving assets.

Bottom pairing? Second pairing? I see quite a bit of criticism concerning Durzi. Is there a reason Bjornfot couldn’t get in during the playoffs? Just a McLellan doing his thing?
Just the coach doing his thing. Never understood why we brought in a coach that doesn’t like playing youngsters when we were rebuilding but I didn’t get a say.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
2nd pair Devon Toews hmm interesting. I figured LA would want to try one of there million center prospects in that spot.
Not saying Toews is a 2nd pair guy just that we need a 2nd pair guy so no need to overpay or tear into the roster.

Seriously ? The fact that you guys aren’t even open for a discussion about him says a lot for a team who didn’t even get past the first round
So you think moving our best scorer will help us. There are plenty of ways to help improve the team without moving our top players.

Reactions: kinghock

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Bjornfot is a great player and exactly what you would expect from a 2nd line stay at home defender.
He never gets noticed when playing, which is a great thing because it means nothing happen in the D-Zone.

This is 100% a coach thing and i would not trade him except for a bigger version of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad