Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Michkov might be better.

I said it.

Not exactly a hot take. They were both neck and neck in U18 tournament. Then Russia got banned so Michkov couldn't play in the U19 World Juniors plus the uncertainty of the Russian factor (which once again proves to be overblown). I just laugh at some people (especially Habs fans) believing Demidov is better than Michkov. Philly has a hell of a talent to build around.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Is there really a Bedard vs Michkov debate going?

First it was Bedard vs Faber. Now this?

This reminds me of the Jason movies I used to watch as a teenager.

Jason came back alive at the hospital.
Then there was an imposter Jason.
Then he got electrocuted in his grave and he came alive again.
Then the telekinetic chick raised him from the dead.
Then the boat ran him over, he got shocked and came back to life.
The best was when they froze his ass and 300 years later he thawed out in space.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Is there really a Bedard vs Michkov debate going?

First it was Bedard vs Faber. Now this?

This reminds me of the Jason movies I used to watch as a teenager.

Jason came back alive at the hospital.
Then there was an imposter Jason.
Then he got electrocuted in his grave and he came alive again.
Then the telekinetic chick raised him from the dead.
Then the boat ran him over, he got shocked and came back to life.
The best was when they froze his ass and 300 years later he thawed out in space.
No, it rather emphasizes that talented players in their 20's will come into their own and reach their full potential while other athletes will fade for some reason or another. I don't think Bedard will fall into the latter, in fact the opposite. In my book, his work ethic, talent and determination to excel spells top NHLer for years, perhaps truly generational.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Michkov is awesome. I'd still take Bedard over him, without even thinking about it.

If MM is lucky, he'll continue to go toe-to-toe with Bedard offensively. But Connor still has the added luxury of playing the premium position.

Still, Philly fans should be thankful that a player like that fell, more or less, into their laps at 7th overall. They didn't have to hardly wait for the kid either; one year and he's here. Both fanbases are rightfully elated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad