Bedard rookie predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

olli

Most unbiased user
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
Around 40-45/40-50/80-90 points. He is a smaller player but he’s got a lot more muscle than most players his age so he won’t get pushed around as much as some people think.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
40-60 points.

He'll enjoy the usual learning curve of smaller players and find out that playing against men who've spent years fine tuning their bodies aren't going to just let him have his way.
Like Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby, Alex Debrincat, Cole Caufield, etc?

The scenario you’re talking about happened with Jack Hughes, now every smaller player has to follow suit because you’re a Devils fan lmao.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Like Patrick Kane, Sidney Crosby, Alex Debrincat, Cole Caufield, etc?

The scenario you’re talking about happened with Jack Hughes, now every smaller player has to follow suit because you’re a Devils fan lmao.
lets go through that list shall we

-Cole Caufield spent two years outside the NHL developing and so far has shown to be injury prone

-Crosby is simply the better generational player and has bedard beat in ALMOST every catagory

-Debrincat spent his post draft year in the OHL and only got 52 pts his first season. I thought your whole rude dunk on me was about Bedard doing better then what I predicted? Why did you bring him up in the first place?

-Kane? you almost got me! But wait... Kane in his rookie season was on a team with Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Bufuglien, Sharp. Perhaps you think the Current Hawks group of Taylor Halls corpse, Reichel, Seth Jones, and various Hockey players from the land of broken and misfit toys are similar to the 2007-2008 hawks?

You know... Perhaps it would be a good idea to use to another talented but smaller Center who went straight to the NHL as a predictor of where Bedard may end up at the end of his first year? But who could that be?

hmmm-thinking.gif

Seems like you haven't learned from your past attempts on dunking on me, Better luck next time though.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

-Cole Caufield spent two years outside the NHL developing and so far has shown to be injury prone

-Crosby is simply the better generational player and has bedard beat in ALMOST every catagory

-Debrincat spent his post draft year in the OHL and only got 52 pts his first season. I thought your whole rude dunk on me was about Bedard doing better then what I predicted? Why did you bring him up in the first place?

-Kane? you almost got me! But wait... Kane in his rookie season was on a team with Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Bufuglien, Sharp. Perhaps you think the Current Hawks group of Taylor Halls corpse, Reichel, Seth Jones, and various Hockey players from the land of broken and misfit toys are similar to the 2007-2008 hawks?

You know... Perhaps it would be a good idea to use to another talented but smaller Center who went straight to the NHL as a predictor of where Bedard may end up at the end of his first year? I really wonder who could fit such a comparable player though..

hmmm-thinking.gif

Seems like you haven't learned from your past attempts on dunking on me, Better luck next time though.
You can move the goalposts however you want. They’re all small players who hit 1st line production immediately, unlike Hughes.

And I’m not surprised you’ve rewritten history regarding my “dunking” on you; your argument style has been to simply ignore any counterpoints to your argument and reiterate your assertions, no matter how wrong they are. You seem to think it works, so I’ll let you continue doing that lol.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You can move the goalposts however you want. They’re all small players who hit 1st line production almost immediately, unlike Hughes.

And I’m not surprised you’ve rewritten history regarding my “dunking” on you; you’re argument style has been to simply ignore any counterpoints to your argument and reiterate your assertions, no matter how wrong they are. You seem to think it works, so I’ll let you continue doing that lol.
Ah, I see. You clicked the wrong person to quote.

You wanted to quote this guy.

idk-yes.gif

Carry on.

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
34-31. Really don't buy the "generational" hype with this kid in my mind he's a 5'9 Matthews.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Fantilli certainly looks like he hit puberty before age 10 and is now a grizzled vet, so I wouldn’t rule this out completely lol.

I don’t expect Fantilli to come close to Bedard at their respective peaks though.
I think Bedard us getting a little to much hype. He will most likely have a fantastic career. But I'm thinking more along the lines of a p. Kane type then mcdavid career

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

You know... Perhaps it would be a good idea to use to another talented but smaller Center who went straight to the NHL as a predictor of where Bedard may end up at the end of his first year? But who could that be?

hmmm-thinking.gif

Caufield’s had one injury. What do you mean injury prone?

Reactions: SlafySZN

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006

hmmm-thinking.gif

The comparison is simple, it is Crosby. That is really the only close comparison, from a position, size, production, and skill stand point.
Crosby was 5'11 193
Bedard is 5'10 185

Crosby (Q) 62gp 66g 102a 168p
WJC-20 6gp 6g 3a 9p
Bedard (W) 57gp 71g 72a 143p
WJC-20 7g 9g 14a 23p

You can't just say find me other small centers that didn't need time (pretty much all playes all sizes need time) to adjust, because that is countered by well find me other guys that dominated JR hockey at 17 like Bedard?

Throw out guys like Jack Hughes. Not only is he 15 pounds lighter, he was no were near as dominant as a 17 year old. Hughes was very good in the NTDP at 112p, but that is not close to 143 in the WHL. When Hughes stepped up into the WJC-20 he scored 0g and 4a in 4 games. He struggled against the older skilled kids. Bedard dominanted and broke the 17.yo scoring record set by Jagr 30+ years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: pvr and authentic

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
He doesn't have much of a supporting cast but nor did Ovechkin. I predict he'll have a rookie campaign very similar to Ovechkin's, even though they aren't that similar type of players. Scoring is up and he's a mature player with virtually no weakness. I'll say 57 goals and 52 assists for 109 points in 82 games.

Reactions: authentic

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
He doesn't have much of a supporting cast but nor did Ovechkin. I predict he'll have a rookie campaign very similar to Ovechkin's, even though they aren't that similar type of players. Scoring is up and he's a mature player with virtually no weakness. I'll say 57 goals and 52 assists for 109 points in 82 games.
One small side note is that because of the lockout Ovechkin had to wait a year to finally get to play in the NHL.

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
25-35 goals
35-45 assists

60-80 points

I think he'll be the best player on a bad team. His production will be spotty first but will become more consistent as the season progresses, as he learns to find his space against much more quick and physical opposition.

This pretty much goes without saying but if you want to get the most out of Bedard (or anyone for that matter) you need to surround him with talent. He'll get better and better as the seasons go on and Chicago manages to build a quality team around him.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
The comparison is simple, it is Crosby. That is really the only close comparison, from a position, size, production, and skill stand point.
Crosby was 5'11 193
Bedard is 5'10 185

Crosby (Q) 62gp 66g 102a 168p
WJC-20 6gp 6g 3a 9p
Bedard (W) 57gp 71g 72a 143p
WJC-20 7g 9g 14a 23p

You can't just say find me other small centers that didn't need time (pretty much all playes all sizes need time) to adjust, because that is countered by well find me other guys that dominated JR hockey at 17 like Bedard?

Throw out guys like Jack Hughes. Not only is he 15 pounds lighter, he was no were near as dominant as a 17 year old. Hughes was very good in the NTDP at 112p, but that is not close to 143 in the WHL. When Hughes stepped up into the WJC-20 he scored 0g and 4a in 4 games. He struggled against the older skilled kids. Bedard dominanted and broke the 17.yo scoring record set by Jagr 30+ years ago.
The assist numbers show he's more of a goal scorer but less of a playmaker compared to Crosby. His comparables are probably more Ovechkin and Matthews than Crosby and McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad