Bedard rookie predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
how is this kid generational if most of you think he's not even going to put up 60 in his rookie year?

I say he pushes larmers rookie hawks record with at least 43 goals
and he'll either be even or below with assists
45G 40A

Before your post, 21 people said at least 60 points and 6 people said below that. I'm not counting the obvious silly replies either.

6 of 27 is not 'most'

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
People are acting like he's Matty Beniers or something. I get tempering expectations but geez
Berniers was on a deep team, Chicago is the polar opposite. He may be a goal scorer but he'll still need others to draw attention away from him to give him space.

That being said I still think he's somewhere in the 60-80+ range. It really just depends on how the team performs. If the Hawks have a good season, it won't be SOLELY because of Bedard but the group as a whole.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I am really curious to see what Bedard does. I think around 60 points. If Chicago had a better PP, I would go higher.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Berniers was on a deep team, Chicago is the polar opposite. He may be a goal scorer but he'll still need others to draw attention away from him to give him space.

That being said I still think he's somewhere in the 60-80+ range. It really just depends on how the team performs. If the Hawks have a good season, it won't be SOLELY because of Bedard but the group as a whole.
Beniers had better teammates but Bedard is a much better prospect, I don't see him producing on the same level. Crosby outscored his closest teammate by 50 points nearly (Ovi did too). I don't think Bedard will do the same but if he's the same calibre of a player, he should be around 90 imo. I don't expect the Hawks to have a good season but I do think Bedard will do well.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think he gives Shohei Ohtani a run for his money so:

3.30 ERA
200 Ks
15 Ws

Batting line:

.285/.355/.585 30 HRs, 30 SBs 95 RBIs

The Blackhawks will be the best baseball team in Chicago, but still the second best hockey team.

Reactions: George Clooney

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
22+35
I think he will need a year to adjust to playing against men but will be spoonfed a shit ton of PP time.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
I put the over/under at 70 points.

He's probably going to be the best forward on the roster, unless Hall has another Hart-worthy performance in him.

Players in Bedard's situation tend to get points, one way or another.

Reactions: Woodrow

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
25-30-55 would be a pretty good rookie year.

Yes, the kid is generational or near generational, but we really do expect way too much from teenagers entering the league.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
I could see him getting a respectable 60pts rookie season on that dreadful Hawks roster.

I could also see him struggling immensely in his rookie season and then slowly but surely improving over the next 2-3 years, kinda like Jack Hughes. He didn’t even look like an NHL forward in his rookie season but 2-3 seasons later and now he’s arrived and is only getting better and stronger. He will need time to grow into his already small but thicc stature into a stronger NHL frame for his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad