Bedard or Cup?

Bedard or Cup?

• Bedard

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 145 84.8%

• Total voters

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
This team is not making the playoffs this year, let alone winning the cup and anyone with an ounce of logic knows it. I'll stay in the real world and say Bedard or any other top prospect cause it's the right answer.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Simple question....

This season....would you rather we sneak into the playoffs and somehow win the cup......or would you rather finish bottom 5, win the lottery and select Bedard.
LOL there are 32 teams in NHL and Crazy parity. Of course cup. What a dumb question.

Odds of winning a cup if we draft Bedard - ~35%
Odds of winning the cup if we sneak into playoffs this year - 0.25%

You're an idiot if you want playoffs instead of Bedard
That was not the question

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
i think we must question the sanity of anyone saying bedard.... except his family members wanting him to be in montreal

but that is not the question.
It would not be questioning the sanity. it would be questioning the intelligence.

Reactions: rik schau

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
lol really?
cup is ultimate goal obviously, but
we have 0.5% odds to win the cup, read it somewhere, don't remember
In the other hand, we will probably have 10+% to win Bedard and even if we don't we would draft high

so do you go after the 0.5%, if you lose you lose all?
or you go after a 20+ times bigger odd and if you lose, you still draft high?
Not the question.He said if one or the other was a certainty, not what are the odds.

Reactions: rik schau

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Cap always but there is about 0.1% chance the Habs would win it so in the end I rather go for Bedard which won't happen either the way they keep playing 500 hockey.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I was surprised that it's not unanimous!! I thought the goal was the Cup,what happened?lol

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
I would prefer whatever path ends up being best for our core players development. Don't care about having top 5 or whatever.

Focus on asset evaluation and having clear progression plan for our young players and we'll grab what we can.

The way I see it is you want a balance for a somewhat positive learning environment so top 5 is highly unlikely for this team.

Couldn't care less about a cup this year or next year. I want long term entertainment. Like 4-6 straight seasons of contention whenever they end up being ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad