Bedard or Cup?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bedard or Cup?

• Bedard

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 145 84.8%

• Total voters

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
In the words of Martin Vettori:

"HOW IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION?!"
A cup would be bad if it meant that we keep Gallagher, Anderson, Matheson, Dvorak and Armia.

In the long run, we should sell off anyone 24 and up, and it is 50/50 for Suzuki. Our 2030-31 window must not be compromised by winning a stupid cup!!

Reactions: negative77

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Winning the Cup would distract from the greater goal of drafting high, developing a core, and eventually winning the Cup.
Right, id rather bedard and go for multiple cups. Not a fake Cinderella cup and forever be known as the worst team to ever win a cup

Some picked Bedard over a Stanley Cup? Really?
Yup give me a chance at a dynasty/ multiple cups over an asterisk cup

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
We MAY sneak into the playoffs, but there’s no way we sneak a cup.

Bedard or top 3 is much more attainable….
Sadly we will not get either.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Just to clarify. This is a binary choice. It's not an odds and probability choice. Assume the probability of each choice is 100% certainty. Which do you chose?

1) Stanley Cup
2) Bedard

Clearer question I think. Everyone answering Bedard should remember that Toronto did not win yet (and probably never), Edmonton same.... and the question remains about Bedard, will he be truly that good? Wasn't Dahlin supposed to be generational? Lafreniere? Where are their Cup?

So if you guarantee between a Cup or Bedard, no question it is the Cup.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
A cup would be bad if it meant that we keep Gallagher, Anderson, Matheson, Dvorak and Armia.

In the long run, we should sell off anyone 24 and up, and it is 50/50 for Suzuki. Our 2030-31 window must not be compromised by winning a stupid cup!!
This must be a troll. You got me for a second

Grate n Colorful Oz

Dans ze mix
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Odds of actually getting Bedard.. minuscule. Odds of getting Fantilli.. minuscule. Odds of getting Michkov.. minuscule. We’re simply too good of a team to finish that low, people need to wake up, we’re better than expected.

Better than expected? I called this in August, but also added that the team would eventually fumble. They are green and it's a long season. Don't prop'em up over an early burst.

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Honestly....I think it would be about 50/50 if they did a poll on their board.
The Oilers won 2 years after trading Gretzky and Colorado built their late 90'-2000 dynasty from the Lindros return. With the team we have right now, I would definitely trade Bedard or the 1st for Lindros like return.

DailyKaizen

Bedard or Cup?

Is a question similar when Homer found a $20 bill in his sofa whilst searching for a peanut and felt disappointed to have found the money rather than the peanut, only to proceed to commence a conversation with his brain 🧠 that led to the conclusion that...$20 could buy many peanuts. So...Bedard could lead us to have multiple cups, rather than just the one. True story.

• Haha
Reactions: Tetragrammaton

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Is this question a joke?

Of course it’s a Cup - what sane person would say otherwise?
hahaha read above, seems many lol

Bedard or Cup?

Is a question similar when Homer found a $20 bill in his sofa whilst searching for a peanut and felt disappointed to have found the money rather than the peanut, only to proceed to commence a conversation with his brain 🧠 that led to the conclusion that...$20 could buy many peanuts. So...Bedard could lead us to have multiple cups, rather than just the one. True story.
ok homer

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Cup.

If we win the Cup with that group, it means we severely underachieved some of our pieces, probably our youngest ones.

Plus, I don't think Kent Hughes would pull a Marc Bergevin and just sit on his hands after a successful season. He looks like he would actually try to improve that team even further.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Anyone that picks Bedard seriously isn't a real fan. It's that simple.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Either we have 13 insane Habs fans on our board, or 13 fans of other teams lurking here regularly!
Or there are 13-people who live in Peter Pan land. How long did it take for Ovy, MacKinnon, McDavid, Matthews etc to make it to the Cup finals let alone win a Cup?

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Anyone that picks Bedard seriously isn't a real fan. It's that simple.
Going back to our cup run, some people here were more upset about who's not playing than happy to win playoffs rounds. That was the only time that the main board was more habs friendly than our own habs board.

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014
I guess a good counter-question would be: Would we give up the 93 cup to abolish the 30 years of mediocrity that followed? Hmm, good question.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Or there are 13-people who live in Peter Pan land. How long did it take for Ovy, MacKinnon, McDavid, Matthews etc to make it to the Cup finals let alone win a Cup?
You need those players to win a Cup though. Lafleur took him 4 years to mature, then won 4 cups in a row.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Voted Stanley Cup. The point of drafting a guy like Bedard is to have a chance to win a cup eventually. So the 2 options are 1- Win the cup 2- Have a chance to win a cup eventually, maybe.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Better than expected? I called this in August, but also added that the team would eventually fumble. They are green and it's a long season. Don't prop'em up over an early burst.
We’re gonna be battling for a playoff spot imo, drafting somewhere in the middle. I’m fine with what ever happens. The early burst is exciting and that’s all I really care about right now cause I’m entertained and they are fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad