Bedard or Cup?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bedard or Cup?

• Bedard

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 145 84.8%

• Total voters

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
We've only passed October. The Habs are historically good in October, not so much afterwards.

I'm not expecting a Cup this year. Bedard is still closer but probably unlikely.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
so do you go after the 0.5%, if you lose you lose all?

How about starting by reading the question instead of inventing your own reality about what the question was?

It's also an incredibly dumb question as Montreal's chances of winning the cup are much lower.

Ever do a FMK? Did you call it a dumb question because you know there would be a zero chance you would ever F or M any of the 3 on the list?

Reactions: bsl and tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
lol really?
cup is ultimate goal obviously, but
we have 0.5% odds to win the cup, read it somewhere, don't remember
In the other hand, we will probably have 10+% to win Bedard and even if we don't we would draft high

so do you go after the 0.5%, if you lose you lose all?
or you go after a 20+ times bigger odd and if you lose, you still draft high?
the question is not playoffs or bedard. it is cup or bedard

Would give up all our players for a cup tbh
dont push me.... i might raise you my mother and even some of my not yet born children!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Simple question....

This season....would you rather we sneak into the playoffs and somehow win the cup......or would you rather finish bottom 5, win the lottery and select Bedard.
So a cup or a chance at one of the pieces that might help with hab’s chance at a cup?

if either scenario provides fun hockey to watch I chose cup? Not sure I understand the question lol sry.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
So a cup or a chance at one of the pieces that might help with hab’s chance at a cup?

if either scenario provides fun hockey to watch I chose cup? Not sure I understand the question lol sry.
What don't you understand?

In the words of Martin Vettori:

"HOW IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION?!"
I know....How....but 9 people have voted for Bedard! lol. I asked the question to hear their perspective. I am trying to understand the tank at ALL costs mentality. I would take the cup all day everyday.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's kind of a rhetorical question that doesn't make much sense when taken literally. Obviously nobody would chose a player over a cup. Hockey is a team sports and the team is more important than the players. It's like asking someone McJesus or Colorado lineup. Everyone who doesn't hate the Avs will chose the Avs lineup it's a better team.

The real question OP probably wanted to ask is "playoffs and anything is poshibl MB style or being part of the lottery for another year". The answer for me is being part of the lottery for another year. Obviously it's not something you can control outside of being a seller at the deadline again. If the kids are already too good (if Caufield score 65 goals and Montombeau post a 930 saves %) then it's great but i doubt it.

This kind of rhetorical question is very reminiscent of the MB tenure where anything was poshbibllll. The real life is different. You better have a better plan than anything is possible cause you wont go far 99.99% of the time. Let's face it we're not winning the cup this year. Even if we would have the skills the experience is not there. So let's not change the plan. Keep icing the kids and hope they progress and if they make the playoffs then great. But if you can get something for Edmundson and Monahan at the deadline then do it.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
It's kind of a rhetorical question that doesn't make much sense when taken literally. Obviously nobody would chose a player over a cup. Hockey is a team sports and the team is more important than the players. It's like asking someone McJesus or Colorado lineup. Everyone who doesn't hate the Avs will chose the Avs lineup it's a better team.

The real question OP probably wanted to ask is "playoffs and anything is poshibl MB style or being part of the lottery for another year". The answer for me is being part of the lottery for another year. Obviously it's not something you can control outside of being a seller at the deadline again. If the kids are already too good (if Caufield score 65 goals and Montombeau post a 930 saves %) then it's great but i doubt it.

This kind of rhetorical question is very reminiscent of the MB tenure where anything was poshbibllll. The real life is different. You better have a better plan than anything is possible cause you wont go far 99.99% of the time. Let's face it we're not winning the cup this year. Even if we would have the skills the experience is not there. So let's not change the plan. Keep icing the kids and hope they progress and if they make the playoffs then great. But if you can get something for Edmundson and Monahan at the deadline then do it.
Nope....the question I wanted to ask was literally....Would you rather sneak into the playoffs this year and win the cup or finish bottom 5, win lottery and draft Bedard. Literally.

Nothing rhetorical about it. I would take the Cup all day, everyday. I am not interested in whether or not it is a stupid question. I wanted to find out how many of us would want Bedard at ALL costs, and I want to hear their explanation. So far, no one who voted Bedard, has commented or entered into a debate on the question.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Odds of winning a cup if we draft Bedard - ~35%
Odds of winning the cup if we sneak into playoffs this year - 0.25%

You're an idiot if you want playoffs instead of Bedard
That wasn't the question though.................it was The Cup, or Bedard.

Sad to say we will more than likely win neither at the end of this season..................but there are some great signs of the core really gaining momentum together.
I like our future.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If your garante a cup sure but I feel winning a cup might also screw us out of multiple cups… Bedard, also winning a cup now would screw out cap because every player is now worst twice as much.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We've only passed October. The Habs are historically good in October, not so much afterwards.

I'm not expecting a Cup this year. Bedard is still closer but probably unlikely.

I'm not sure why people focus on Bedard so much. It's a very good draft and just drafting top 9 would possibly land us a very good player.

Reactions: ArtPeur

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If your garante a cup sure but I feel winning a cup might also screw us out of multiple cups… Bedard, also winning a cup now would screw out cap because every player is now worst twice as much.
It's like asking someone if he wants 1 millions or a job that will give him 1 millions clear after 10 years. Obviously everyone sane will take the 1 millions and try to find another good job. But 1 millions doesn't grow on trees so in real life you'll take the job cause the 1 millions free wont even be an option unless you win the loto. I think many many many fans greatly underestimate how hard it is to win a cup and are probably buying 649 tickets every week like MB.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
What don't you understand?

I know....How....but 9 people have voted for Bedard! lol. I asked the question to hear their perspective. I am trying to understand the tank at ALL costs mentality. I would take the cup all day everyday.
Well I interpret the question as “would you like an all expenses paid for round trip to your dream destination or 30 air miles”. So maybe I’m over thinking it, but like I answered (and you as well), the cup.

Reactions: waitin425 and Tyson

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Looks like Bedard will probably go to the Canucks, or Arizona, or San Jose, or Anaheim. It will be hard for the Habs to play worse than the bottom team of the league and keep confidence in the players on hand. The %age odds for the Habs will not be in their favour to get Bedard.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Looks like Bedard will probably go to the Canucks, or Arizona, or San Jose, or Anaheim. It will be hard for the Habs to play worse than the bottom team of the league and keep confidence in the players on hand. The %age odds for the Habs will not be in their favour to get Bedard.
We are 9 games into the regular season and something tells me that Allen/Montembeault won't be one of the best tandems in the league for long.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'm not sure why people focus on Bedard so much. It's a very good draft and just drafting top 9 would possibly land us a very good player.

adam-fantilli-2022-2933.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Tyson and waitin425

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Just to clarify. This is a binary choice. It's not an odds and probability choice. Assume the probability of each choice is 100% certainty. Which do you chose?

1) Stanley Cup
2) Bedard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad