Bedard or Cup?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bedard or Cup?

• Bedard

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 145 84.8%

• Total voters

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
adam-fantilli-2022-2933.jpg
Is that Chantilly Lace?

Reactions: Walrus26

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You need those players to win a Cup though. Lafleur took him 4 years to mature, then won 4 cups in a row.
Yes but there isn’t one way to get good players - need strong drafting & development acumen - Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Aho, ROR, Parayko, Slavin etc.

There isn’t ONE WAY to build a competitive / winning team

catmanhabsfan

Jan 4, 2006
Who?

Anyway, it's Adam Fantilli
I really like this question. Some ,no offense meant are reading it wrong. Op said Bedard or cup. Guaranteed one or other what do you pick, nothing to do with odds of winning if we squeak in ,it's guaranteed. I think people picking Bedard might be on to something. Sports are simply entertainment nothing more. At least for us fans.so..whats more entertaining? Winning 1 cup this year, or having someone exciting and entertaining to watch for the next decade? Which provides more entertainment in the long run? Winning the cup is the teams ultimate goal, and us fans too, but being entertained for a decade vs one cup..I don't know now lol 82 games a year of Bedard assuming no injuries, multiplied by let's say 10 years..possible playoff runs in there. Hmmm I think I might vote Bedard!

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Cup all the f***ing way, at the cost of everyone if needed

Even if it cost us Suzuki and Caufield too, if it means we bring the cup in its rightful home, we have to do it

Reactions: rik schau

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What is this?

Stanley Cup, no doubt.

We see how overrated draft lotteries can be looking at Matthews' impact on the Leafs and their ability to win. And Matthews was a good 1st overall pick.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I would be willing to lose Suzuki and Caufield to free agency if it meant winning a cup

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Ok, I’m in agreement that one player alone isn’t going to turn a franchise around and lead us to multiple cups on his back but some of the shots at players like McDavid and Matthews is stupid AF.

Sure, you don’t NEED a true franchise changing player but it sure doesn’t hurt. The challenge is building around that player. The Leafs and the Oilers not winning cups isn’t the fault of Matthews or McDavid.

I mean, just look at our own house… Price is one of those franchise altering players. Pretty much won everything, at every level and holds a several Habs records. Is it his fault we’ve never won a cup?

Bedard (or Fantilli, or whoever) may not be the guy who changes the face of the franchise but a player like that is who you build around. Of course, let’s just assume this player hits their full potential… it’s that sort of player that can lead you to the next level provided you construct the right team to support him.

Anyhow, I still stand by what I said… win the cup and draft top-3 when Florida wins the lottery for us.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yes but there isn’t one way to get good players - need strong drafting & development acumen - Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Aho, ROR, Parayko, Slavin etc.

Those players aren't in same category as Lafleur, Crosby, Hedman, MacKinnon, etc....

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Yes there is, through the draft, if you cannot do that you cannot win the cup. It is no secret the higher you draft the better your chances of getting an impact player. Are they found lower in the draft of course they are, but in this modern era most GM's are well acquainted with the draft able players. Every year there are surprises, but you cannot bank on getting an impact player from the middle of the first and down.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Gary Bettman would die of a panic attack if we win the cup AND the lottery.

'' Welcome to the 2023 NHL Draft! I'd like to congratulate the 2022-2023 Stanley Cup winner, The Montreal Canadiens. Let's start the draft, with the 1st overall, please welcome to the stage... *sigh* The Montreal Canadiens ... ''

Also, winning the cup is the only correct answer here. It's not an opinion based question, it's a factual one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad