OT: Bears & NFL Talk 95

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
That result was expected but the non-competitiveness of the Bears was not. I wonder if Flus has lost the lockerroom?

Eberflus has to know that he is likely done at the end of the season. Firing him now does nothing for the team and if you want to tank, you have to keep Flus. My question: Is Ryan Poles on the hot seat now? This is his garbage and he should reap what he sow.

If the Bears end up 2 of the top 5 picks, you have to clean house. No Poles or Flus. New regime should make those picks.

And should you take one of the QBs (Williams or Maye) they must SIT for at least half the season). I know it's hard to sit a top pick for at least most of the season but it has to be done. It's doubtful that any QB in next year's draft will be ready to start on D1.

The Bears are likely to have two top 5 picks. Of course the Bears need OL/DL but apt neither position has a player worth going top 5. I rather keep both picks and grab two blue chip prospects over trading down and getting not blue chip prospects. While I do hate the idea of the BEARS drafting a QB in the first rd, they are going to do that. So the combo, if you can do it should be Williams and Harrison.
OL out of Penn State is likely top 5 pick.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Poles said Eberflus was his guy, they share the same agent...why is anyone letting him off the hook for the shit show staff/roster he assembled
Then it sounds like if/when Flus is gone, then Poles will be leaving with him. Which I don't mind. If (but more likely WHEN) the Bears have two top 5 (maybe top 2 picks, hmmm?), I definitely do not want Poles/Flus making those picks.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Then it sounds like if/when Flus is gone, then Poles will be leaving with him. Which I don't mind. If (but more likely WHEN) the Bears have two top 5 (maybe top 2 picks, hmmm?), I definitely do not want Poles/Flus making those picks.
Would absolutely love to see it, just don't want the guy that unintentionally tanked to be deciding what to do with the picks this time around, especially when you see a guy like CJ Stroud put up top 3 most yards through 3 games of almost anyone in NFL history, just slightly more than Mahomes...Thats a clear whiff by Poles to keep Fields and pass on Stroud, especially when Fields was clearly at peak value with the MVP hype etc

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Really tired of people calling Poles "New GM"

He has been here thru 2 drafts/offseasons now

He is not new
He was hired last year. If Bears were to hire a different GM every two years, they'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel because nobody of worth would take the job with that short of a leash. New GM has to be given a pass on his first year and possibly his second just to clean up the mess from the previous regime. Hard to believe but Ryan Pace was here nearly six years before being fired; started 6-10, 3-13, 5-11. He never acquired future draft capital and left the cabinet completely bare for Poles.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Okay lets say everything goes perfect.

You fire everyone. You win the 1st and 2nd pick.

Not even going to get into who they hire etc, but assuming you have to trade Fields at that point right? You can't have him just hanging around in the organization.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Poles didn't draft Justin Fields. That will be his "out" in a sense to Warren and management. That was not HIS guy. Now whether they let him draft his own QB remains to be seen, but I'd bet the house they probably would let him.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I can't stop laughing that some of you still thought Fields was the guy going into this season.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Not even going to get into who they hire etc, but assuming you have to trade Fields at that point right? You can't have him just hanging around in the organization.
sell him for a trey lance type return to a team with a vet qb that wants a project at backup, seattle or something

Poles didn't draft Justin Fields. That will be his "out" in a sense to Warren and management. That was not HIS guy. Now whether they let him draft his own QB remains to be seen, but I'd bet the house they probably would let him.
CJ was never even considered to be his guy and that alone should be fireable offense, he doesn't deserve to have a decision over number one pick again

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You can't blame Poles for not taking Stroud.

You can blame Poles for investing a ton in the defense and trading the first pick of the second round for Claypool, and hiring Eberflus.

Bears have - BY FAR - the worst defense in the league. That is why you fire Poles. Not because of not taking Stroud.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You can't blame Poles for not taking Stroud.
lol he put up 348 4/0 against georgia in cfb playoffs, why shouldnt he take blame...if bears fans are going to flame pace for passing on watson and mahomes for the inferior player then why should poles get a pass...he went with the inferior player, its a failure in player evaluation...again

Reactions: belfour30

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
lol he put up 348 4/0 against georgia in cfb playoffs, why shouldnt he take blame...if bears fans are going to flame pace for passing on watson and mahomes for the inferior player then why should poles get a pass...he went with the inferior player, its a failure in player evaluation...again
The entire organization and city was behind Fields. Fields also had just played a decent stretch of football to end the season with way lesser pieces.

Also Pace was in position to draft a QB and took the wrong one. This year we weren't taking a QB at 1.. it wasn't even talked about. So acting like they are the same is wrong.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The entire organization and city was behind Fields. Fields also had just played a decent stretch of football to end the season with way lesser pieces.

Also Pace was in position to draft a QB and took the wrong one. This year we weren't taking a QB at 1.. it wasn't even talked about. So acting like they are the same is wrong.
Fields was statistically one of the worst starting qbs in the league by a lot of metrics through 1.5 years of starting, just because fans oversold him doesnt mean paid professionals should...Stroud looks like a franchise QB, Poles passed on him...He looks bad for it right now...And yeah they didnt consider moving on from Fields for Young or Stroud, precisely why they should be fired

Reactions: belfour30

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Vegas had Bears at worst odds with GB to win division by quite a margin so clearly the market didn't agree at all with Bears fans or brass about the upside of the team, if Fields was the real deal and this MVP caliber player people hyped him up to be then that wouldn't of been the case

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont know why fans always want roomier QBs to jump right in. If they get knew next year, he should be working on every detail of mechanics, footwork, and what to read & look for. Josh Allen is looking at 1 exception but unless a guy was a 3 year starter and likely 1st overall for 2 years, the guy has a need to develop physical and mental skills before they limit their growth

I dont know why people would get rid of Fields for next year. Just keep him and let a rookie work on skills

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021

I'm not a Bears fan but I can still say with 100% confidence that if you guys finish last in the league this year that Fields is done as Chicago's starting QB.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Fields was statistically one of the worst starting qbs in the league by a lot of metrics through 1.5 years of starting, just because fans oversold him doesnt mean paid professionals should...Stroud looks like a franchise QB, Poles passed on him...He looks bad for it right now...And yeah they didnt consider moving on from Fields for Young or Stroud, precisely why they should be fired
I mean at this point I don't really care. They can be fired. I want them to be fired. The reasons can be for whatever you want.

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022

I am far from a football savant but could Fields career be salvaged at that point via a different role, similar to Taysom Hill or Deebo Samuels? He's certainly bigger than both a better QB than Hill. Am I dreaming or would this just be too forward of an idea for the Bears to even consider?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I am far from a football savant but could Fields career be salvaged at that point via a different role, similar to Taysom Hill or Deebo Samuels? He's certainly bigger than both a better QB than Hill. Am I dreaming or would this just be too forward of an idea for the Bears to even consider?
If the rest of the year goes down the toilet I doubt Justin and the bears will want to stay together in any fashion.

Reactions: Giovi and Idionym

Fortyfives

Jul 13, 2011
Watching Hurts play on Monday Night Football makes you understand how far away Fields is. He made three throws last drive that Fields couldn’t make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad