OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Liked what I heard from the new CEO Kevin Warren yesterday, so refreshing to have an actual football person there instead of Ted.

Still not sold on Poles/Eberflus combo though.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Heck of an introduction. Tennessee Titans welcomed their new GM Ran Carthon yesterday (he came from SF49ers org). Carthon has no past ties to the Titans. He briefly played RB for Indy and his dad (Maurice) was RB for NYG. The lady (Amy) in vid is the Titans owner.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I recall when Ryan Poles was hired, one of the first things he said was accumulate draft picks. There's probably no better way to do that than trading down from #1.

One thing I was wondering is... would Houston consider going all-in and trading up to have both the top 2 picks? They could get the best player in the draft (Will Anderson) and their choice of the top QB as well. They have the picks to make a deal like this. They own the #12, as well as the #33, and 1sts next year of their own and Cleveland's. Would the Texans do it...would the Bears do it?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I recall when Ryan Poles was hired, one of the first things he said was accumulate draft picks. There's probably no better way to do that than trading down from #1.

One thing I was wondering is... would Houston consider going all-in and trading up to have both the top 2 picks? They could get the best player in the draft (Will Anderson) and their choice of the top QB as well. They have the picks to make a deal like this. They own the #12, as well as the #33, and 1sts next year of their own and Cleveland's. Would the Texans do it...would the Bears do it?
How about two trades down
With Houston and then Indy

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
How about two trades down
With Houston and then Indy
Yeah you could do that for sure.

I'm sure I'll change my mind 400 times by the draft. But trading down to 12 will bring way more back than trading down to 4 (whether directly to 4 or via 2 trades).

Say the Bears take Peter Skoronski at 12. I would prefer that and all the extra draft picks over Carter at 4.

If the Bears dont want to go too far down, then I'd rather cap it at going no further than #3, so Anderson is there to take.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Chiefs win in competitive game to advance to AFC Championship

Eagles dominating Giants 28-0 and will advance to NFC Championship
They need to end this setup and add an 8th team. It's so anticlimactic that the Chiefs and Eagles have one cakewalk game and are in the conference championship while the Bills and 9ers have to slog it out with the Bengals and Cowboys after already toppling the Dolphins and Seahawks. Just too much of an advantage for the already best team in each conference to be rested for that game. Before, with two teams on the bye it was balanced at least. The best team should get the easiest path but still play 3 games to get to the Superbowl.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Rooting for Burrow and the Bengals at this point. They have a pretty good shot if Mahomes ankle is gonna bother him throughout.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Why can Cincy's patchwork O line put a whoopin' on Buffalo and Bears line has no clue often times?
Filling holes with NFL reserves is one thing. Especially when there are 1 or 2 stud starters remaining.
When your best offensive lineman was just picked in the 4th round and is trying to learn the most important O-Line position (left tackle) while the rest of the line is Another kid (this guy has a bad back) and other guys not of NFL skill level that a whole nother level of bad.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I just like the fact that I won't loathe any team winning for a change. I guess Philly is the team I'd be least interested in seeing get another ring, but there aren't really any major hatreds on my part towards any team or significant personality left at this point.

Just gimme good football.

Reactions: QueerGirrl

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Primarily a Bear fan but also a Titan fan. They fired their OC a couple of weeks ago and rumors are circulating that one of the candidates for OC is Matt Nagy. Geeze, just shoot me. Thought I saw that last of that clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad