OT: Bears & NFL Talk 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Primarily a Bear fan but also a Titan fan. They fired their OC a couple of weeks ago and rumors are circulating that one of the candidates for OC is Matt Nagy. Geeze, just shoot me. Thought I saw that last of that clown.
Maybe it is similar to the Rooney rule where you also have to interview a candidate that is mentally challenged

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He said they want to trade pick but said they might not find deal they want because many around the league aren't in love with the QB's enough to pay haul o jump up to #1

At least that is what he said on First take a few minutes ago
People have to remember that you aren’t trading for the first OA pick. You are trading for the right to select a specific player. So, comes down to how much they value that player.

Young, I personally would not trade up to get him. But if he’s there when my team picks I would, if my scouts, HC, OC like him, would take him. But there are enough concerns about his size to make me hesitant to move multiple assets to get him.

Levis, great tools. But, taking him comes down to how much the GM trusts the HC and OC to work out his rough edges. If the HC is defensive like Chicago’s or Buffalo’s what happens if the OC leaves like Daboll did and you saw Allen become more reckless with the football this season. Got to have the coaching staff in place to work with him for his first 3 years to be confident about getting him to hit his ceiling. Levis is a boom or bust prospect. Can be Wentz pre ACL injury or Wentz the past 3 seasons where he is reckless with the ball.

Stroud, not sure what to make of him. Thought he’d dominate this past season with the weapons at his disposal. But didn’t. Tools are
Solid.

So comes down to how confident the other clubs are in their assessments of these QBs.

Chicago has enough holes that they should be willing to drop down further if needed to get the type of haul they are hoping for. I haven’t seen anyone state that Anderson or Carter are at the level of Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett, etc. where you don’t want to pass up a shot at drafting them.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
While randomly flipping channels and catching a couple Illinois games this year, their CB Witherspoon really stood out as the best player on the field, and I was hoping he’d be an under the radar Bears second round pick. The mocks I’m seeing now all have him in the top half of the first round.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
While randomly flipping channels and catching a couple Illinois games this year, their CB Witherspoon really stood out as the best player on the field, and I was hoping he’d be an under the radar Bears second round pick. The mocks I’m seeing now all have him in the top half of the first round.
Bears need help in the trenches, spent top two picks on secondary this year. Need O and D Line help w top picks

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Bears need help in the trenches, spent top two picks on secondary this year. Need O and D Line help w top picks
They’re going to be accumulating picks, and they’ll certainly address both ol and dl. But you can never have enough good corners, especially those who can stuff the run as well.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Purdy injury is bad for 49ers but the #1D in league shooting itself in foot numerous times and Josh Johnson with terrible fumble is difference at halftime

21-7 Eagles

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
49ers were utter shitshow today discipline wise.

Now 49ers bench clearing after Trent Williams assaulted Eagle

Fines/Suspension coming for 49ers players and maybe coaches/franchise I imagine for conduct there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Eagles win 31-7 and advance to SB

It appeared several 49ers left field without shaking Eagle hands after final kneeldown

Bunch of losers acting like children today

As I said last week I hate and always will hate the 49ers more than Cowboys. Only Packers and Vikes I hate more

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Second game is also turning into a dud.

Edit: spoke too soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad