OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Of course it is. I know you know how science works, you're not dumb.

When new evidence comes along to change your opinion, you're supposed to do it.

Your thought process is broken. You are not supposed to form opinions WITHOUT EVIDENCE. Which you do. Constantly. Then you continue to ONLY look at evidence to support your flawed opinion. Until the evidence to the contrary is so overwhelming that you have no choice but to concede you were wrong. This is not logical thinking. This is not critical thinking.

It's like flipping a coin three times, and then coming up with the opinion that coin flips are ALWAYS heads. Because it landed on heads three times. Completely ignoring sample size and other alternatives.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Your thought process is broken. You are not supposed to form opinions WITHOUT EVIDENCE. Which you do. Constantly. Then you continue to ONLY look at evidence to support your flawed opinion. Until the evidence to the contrary is so overwhelming that you have no choice but to concede you were wrong. This is not logical thinking. This is not critical thinking.

It's like flipping a coin three times, and then coming up with the opinion that coin flips are ALWAYS heads. Because it landed on heads three times. Completely ignoring sample size and other alternatives.
Fighting confirmation bias is an uphill battle. Everyone does it.

I really try not to do that.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I don't have one. I'm just parroting the data points.

No QB prospect is perfect and the stuff that I pointed out in the draft thread are flaws that I do not believe in the Bears org to coach out of him.

Most of my negativity about Fields has more to do with the inability of the org to develop a QB over 70 years than anything about Fields himself.

It's more my lack of faith in the organization to hire the right coaching staff to develop him than Fields himself. It has always been that way.

You just admitted that your opinion is based pretty much entirely on emotion and personal bias, as opposed to evidence, and you still don't understand why most people here want to just ignore you?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You just admitted that your opinion is based pretty much entirely on emotion and personal bias, as opposed to evidence, and you still don't understand why most people here want to just ignore you?
Are you saying that the 70 years of the organization's inability to develop a QB doesn't count as a large sample size of evidence?

I want Fields to be the goods. I really hope he is.

You know what they say about insanity right?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Are you saying that the 70 years of the organization's inability to develop a QB doesn't count as a large sample size of evidence?

I want Fields to be the goods. I really hope he is.

You know what they say about insanity right?
70 years is independent of the current situation, you dunce. Virginia McCaskey isn’t the one developing them, she’s the only constant here.

All the failed QBs with different coaches are independent data points unrelated to Fields.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Montgomery inexplicably cuts into the side of the line with more ravens players than bears players. Looked really bad from the behind the LOS view.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I doubt Romo is a Bears shill or fanboy so if he thinks the right play was called, then it’s the back’s fault for running a shit route with that cut to nowhere.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I doubt Romo is a Bears shill or fanboy so if he thinks the right play was called, then it’s the back’s fault for running a shit route with that cut to nowhere.
Yea the behind the LOS view showed montgomery cut against the blocking and into the only unblocked defender in the front 7. Thats on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad