OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Coming into today the Giants were in 6th and 8th spots (Bears pick being 8th)

Its very likely they pick

Dalton to Mooney ,, TD

Not shocked they had chemistry before his injury
Yes and this Bears team is a better team. I know you constantly seemingly can't trll the difference from below average to bottom of the league though

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes and this Bears team is a better team. I know you constantly seemingly can't trll the difference from below average to bottom of the league though

Mack is out for rest of season and Nagy is coaching the rest of season

This team very much is going to be bad enough to finish in bottom 5 potentially

People will say "But the Lions and Giants" ,, Well Bears are not that much better if at all better then those teams without Mack

So its very conceivable they will lose games to those teams

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He takes whatever preconceived notion he has about a player, and just looks for evidence to reinforce that. Then he hyper focuses on those moments, completely ignoring the entire body of work. It's confirmation bias at its worst.
100%

It’s exhausting to read and interact with. So many people have tried to help him rationalize his thoughts too, but he just refuses to tone it down.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He takes whatever preconceived notion he has about a player, and just looks for evidence to reinforce that. Then he hyper focuses on those moments, completely ignoring the entire body of work. It's confirmation bias at its worst.
I've shown the ability multiple times to admit bad opinions. You're supposed to be able to change your mind when the evidence supports you being wrong. It's not flip flopping, it's using critical thinking.

Fields has talent but there's plenty to be concerned about too.

I think that those anointing him the next great QB are premature. I need to see more. It's just way too early.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I've shown the ability multiple times to admit bad opinions. You're supposed to be able to change your mind when the evidence supports you being wrong. It's not flip flopping, it's using critical thinking.

I think that those anointing him the next great QB are premature. I need to see more.
You think what you’re doing is critical thinking?
upload_2021-11-21_15-1-26.gif

Reactions: BK

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Mack is out for rest of season and Nagy is coaching the rest of season

This team very much is going to be bad enough to finish in bottom 5 potentially

People will say "But the Lions and Giants" ,, Well Bears are not that much better if at all better then those teams without Mack

So its very conceivable they will lose games to those teams
Nagy the average record coach soom here seems to think is a 3 win coach here each year only to always be wrong... wonder if thays gonna go still that way.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

I think that those anointing him the next great QB are premature. I need to see more. It's just way too early.

Critical thinking is used BEFORE YOU FORM AN OPINION. Evidence is used TO FORM THAT OPINION. You don't do that. Ever. You decide something is so, and only after overwhelming evidence to the contrary, do you "admit you were wrong".

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Critical thinking is used BEFORE YOU FORM AN OPINION. Evidence is used TO FORM THAT OPINION. You don't do that. Ever. You decide something is so, and only after overwhelming evidence to the contrary, do you "admit you were wrong".
There's not enough evidence to form an opinion yet.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Of course it is. I know you know how science works, you're not dumb.

When new evidence comes along to change your opinion, you're supposed to do it.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Is there an easy way to look up how many pre-snap penalties a team has gotten called for? The bears have to be near the top, its embarassing.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
There's not enough evidence to form an opinion yet.
Then how have you formed an opinion?!

As for your attempt to call me out. I’ve said MANY times that Fields is far from perfect and is a developing QB with massive potential — never ever said he is perfect. I’ve said he will make mistakes, and I expect the mistakes, but I don’t run around my house squealing about the mistakes like you do.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Of course it is. I know you know how science works, you're not dumb.

When new evidence comes along to change your opinion, you're supposed to do it.
That’s not how science works…

Hilarious that you totally misrepresented the scientific method in effort to seem smart, and put “dumb” and @Pez68 in the same sentence.

upload_2021-11-21_15-17-19.jpeg

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Then how have you formed an opinion?!

As for your attempt to call me out. I’ve said MANY times that Fields is far from perfect and is a developing QB with massive potential — never ever said he is perfect. I’ve said he will make mistakes, and I expect the mistakes, but I don’t run around my house squealing about the mistakes like you do.
I don't have one. I'm just parroting the data points.

No QB prospect is perfect and the stuff that I pointed out in the draft thread are flaws that I do not believe in the Bears org to coach out of him.

Most of my negativity about Fields has more to do with the inability of the org to develop a QB over 70 years than anything about Fields himself.

It's more my lack of faith in the organization to hire the right coaching staff to develop him than Fields himself. It has always been that way.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
So like, is jackson the only good player on baltimore's offense? Or is huntley just really bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad