OT: Bears & NFL Talk 87

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Just watched the game on delay.

Fields looked awesome. Defense looked bad and really missed Mack.

Not much else to say.

Reactions: Illinihockey

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Just keep inventing stats and finding ways to take out the good performances and you'll be right. You're doing great!
Judging a season based on 2 good performances?
One against a team that won’t win a game all season

they are giving up 25 ppg. Is that good or bad?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Judging a season based on 2 good performances?
One against a team that won’t win a game all season

they are giving up 25 ppg. Is that good or bad?

It’s about average. When you factor in the offense in some of those games wasn’t even getting 300 yards of total offense it’s actually pretty good.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Pace has set this team back years. Sound familiar?

As far as D goes, keep Johnson and Roquan. Get rid of everyone else. Think about that. There are only 2 defensive players I’d want on this roster going forward

In addition to Johnson and Ro, I'd include Trevis Gipson and Nichols as guys I would keep. But everybody else....BUH-----BYE.

As the Bears are heading towards a double digit loss season, I do not see a legit scenario in which Nagy AND Pace are HC/GM beyond this season.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
When? In the rams game?
Theyre bottom 1/3rd in the league in passing :YPA allowed, TDs allowed, QB rating allowed, and interceptions. They have 1 interception all year outside the bengals game. Its insane how bad the secondary is.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Montgomery and Herbert are nice, but rbs arent hard to find. Oline is one of the worst in the league,

How do both parts of this sentence go together?
If any RB can gain good yardage here, doesn't that mean the line is at least effective run blocking?
Or does it mean that Herbert and Montgomery are special RBs because they can gain yardage behind an awful O line?

It can NOT be that our RBs are just so-so and the O line awful yet it produces an effective running game.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
How do both parts of this sentence go together?
If any RB can gain good yardage here, doesn't that mean the line is at least effective run blocking?
Or does it mean that Herbert and Montgomery are special RBs because they can gain yardage behind an awful O line?

It can NOT be that our RBs are just so-so and the O line awful yet it produces an effective running game.
It means that in today's nfl, rbs arent hard to find. Not to mention, run blocking and pass blocking are much different. Bears run blocking isnt an issue, but theyve been the worst pass blocking oline in the league.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I'm hearing that Dereck Henry is out for the year - WHOA!

If I were Pace, I'd be working on shopping Montgomery there and Foles or Dalton to NO.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Fun stats:

Bears D yesterday:

- 0 sacks
- 0 QB hits
- 0 takeaways
- 0 punts forced
- 33 points allowed (should have been 37 if SF had a kicker)
- 467 yards allowed

Quality!

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Fun stats:

Bears D yesterday:

- 0 sacks
- 0 QB hits
- 0 takeaways
- 0 punts forced
- 33 points allowed (should have been 37 if SF had a kicker)
- 467 yards allowed

Quality!

It’s a mediocre defense who was missing their best pass rusher and starting safety for basically the entire game against a good offensive line.

Not sure what you expected. Outside of Mack they don’t really have any game changers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Losing Henry is major blow for Titans

If I was Titans GM my plan would be to call Lions about Jamaal Williams

I always liked Williams in GB and think he could thrive behind that OL and in Titans offense

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Sucks as a Titan fan but they have adequate back ups. No real reason to trade significant draft capital for another back who may or may not be much better than what they have now. Depending upon MRI Henry could return for the playoffs, assuming they get there. Which they should considering they have a relatively easy schedule left (exc. Rams) with a 3 game lead in their division. Julio needs to get healthy and Tannehill show he's actually a good QB.

edit add - they're bringing in 36 yr old Adrian Peterson for a look this week

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Just watched the game on delay.

Fields looked awesome. Defense looked bad and really missed Mack.

Not much else to say.

I thought Fields looked like an NFL QB for the first time. That said, he sailed a few balls - one should have been picked. He had a couple balls tipped too say maybe mechanics to work on?

He'll work on that but it's a problem for a lot of NFL QBs.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
It’s a mediocre defense who was missing their best pass rusher and starting safety for basically the entire game against a good offensive line.

Not sure what you expected. Outside of Mack they don’t really have any game changers.

Quinn has been their best pass rushing this season.

Jackson is their starting safety but he's been objectively awful. Missed assignments and worst tackling safety in the league.

I expect Hicks, Quinn, Goldman and Roquan to make a different.

Roquan was invisible and the rest were actively terrible.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
It’s about average. When you factor in the offense in some of those games wasn’t even getting 300 yards of total offense it’s actually pretty good.

Yes and also keep in mind that TB basically played all backups and took their foot of the gas pedal the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad