OT: Bears & NFL Talk 87

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Pace has set this team back years. Sound familiar?

As far as D goes, keep Johnson and Roquan. Get rid of everyone else. Think about that. There are only 2 defensive players I’d want on this roster going forward

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
ya because it’s the defenses fault when the other teams average starting field position is the 50 or when the offense has 8 first downs all game

The defense is paid to make stops. They aren’t.

and by your logic, wouldn’t the ypg be low precisely because of short fields?

the stat that matters is ppg

they are giving up 25. 32 in the last three games. Won’t beat anyone giving up 32 a game. Won’t beat anyone with this offense giving up 25 a game.

they didn’t force a punt today. Not a single one.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Mooney is fine, but i dont think hes a #2 receiver on a contending team. They are going to have 0 real weapons in the passing game next season and have no 1st round pick. Add in a bad o line, awful secondary and you really wonder how pace can keep his job.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The defense is paid to make stops. They aren’t.

and by your logic, wouldn’t the ypg be low precisely because of short fields?

the stat that matters is ppg

they are giving up 25. 32 in the last three games. Won’t beat anyone giving up 32 a game. Won’t beat anyone with this offense giving up 25 a game.

they didn’t force a punt today. Not a single one.

well if you go to the last 5 games they’re giving up 23 which is about league average. They were bad today, Khalil Mack matters

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Pace said this week they should be aggressive at the deadline At 3-5, the only aggressive they should be is as sellers. This could be telling on if Pace will last past this year or not, based on what they do or don't do.

And for Nagy - the Bears play at Pittsburgh next Monday night, and that is followed by a bye. So if they lose that game, and are 3-6 heading in to a bye - that would be a good time to cut bait on Nagy. but they'd have to break a Bears practice of never canning a coach mid-season.

Good to see some improvement from Justin Fields. He can do more when he gets a little time and I like that he is running more.

And the defense seems to be falling apart. That's 2 weeks in a row where they have no pass rush at all and can't seem to stop drives. They've morphed from a good defense early in the season, to a downright terrible one right now.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Jameis carted off. That doesn’t look good at all.
Did Khalil mack matter when they gave up north of 30 in 3 of the 7 games he played in?

of course he matters. And he should.

regardless this d is bad with him or without him.

it’s literally the worst tackling defense I’ve ever seen. That’s not hyperbole. I’ve seen bad defenses but none that are worse tacklers than this team

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Pace said this week they should be aggressive at the deadline At 3-5, the only aggressive they should be is as sellers. This could be telling on if Pace will last past this year or not, based on what they do or don't do.

And for Nagy - the Bears play at Pittsburgh next Monday night, and that is followed by a bye. So if they lose that game, and are 3-6 heading in to a bye - that would be a good time to cut bait on Nagy. but they'd have to break a Bears practice of never canning a coach mid-season.

Good to see some improvement from Justin Fields. He can do more when he gets a little time and I like that he is running more.

And the defense seems to be falling apart. That's 2 weeks in a row where they have no pass rush at all and can't seem to stop drives. They've morphed from a good defense early in the season, to a downright terrible one right now.

The D is old & aging and gave up almost 500 yards to a pretty mediocre O. The Oline allowed 10 TFL's, 10!! Let that sink in.
And the sobering fact is that we have the worse draft capital position in the league. Only 4 picks next year. It was a perfect time to clean house & they
should have done it last year. Watch Nagy spout off some delusional BS next week that they are still in the playoff chase.
To me clean house would be new ownership or finally getting rid of Sweatty Teddy but neither will happen.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pace has set this team back years. Sound familiar?

As far as D goes, keep Johnson and Roquan. Get rid of everyone else. Think about that. There are only 2 defensive players I’d want on this roster going forward
He took over a far worse garbage club with what, Fuller as the only piece on like either side that mattered and had a future?

If he were fired this year that's a far better set up left, and plenty Offensive potential pieces, just needs an actual Offensive system

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Did Khalil mack matter when they gave up north of 30 in 3 of the 7 games he played in?

it’s literally the worst tackling defense I’ve ever seen. That’s not hyperbole. I’ve seen bad defenses but none that are worse tacklers than this team

Trying to jar the ball loose is great but they’re doing it at the expense of tackling.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
He took over a far worse garbage club with what, Fuller as the only piece on like either side that mattered and had a future?

If he were fired this year that's a far better set up left, and plenty Offensive potential pieces, just needs an actual Offensive system

What offensive pieces? Maybe fields? Montgomery and Herbert are nice, but rbs arent hard to find. Oline is one of the worst in the league, the secondary is also one of the worst in the league. Pace has blown picks to move up several times and has very little to show for it. Hes been bad and needs to go.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

2 of 7. They gave up 30 to the rams and bucs. And obviously he was hurt for the bucs

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The D is old & aging and gave up almost 500 yards to a pretty mediocre O. The Oline allowed 10 TFL's, 10!! Let that sink in.
And the sobering fact is that we have the worse draft capital position in the league. Only 4 picks next year. It was a perfect time to clean house & they
should have done it last year. Watch Nagy spout off some delusional BS next week that they are still in the playoff chase.
To me clean house would be new ownership or finally getting rid of Sweatty Teddy but neither will happen.
They do have a franchise QB to build around, which is something they haven't been able to say like ever.

Now is the time to move a few guys. If you can pick up a few early to mid round picks, that can do wonders for the next draft.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Doubt they will sell anything though. Trade deadlines oddly too soon and didn't they even push it back?

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Big in season trades arent that common in the nfl and selling at the deadline doesnt really happen at the same scale as other sports.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Denver trying to run out the clock with ~35 sec left on their own 30yd line. First play a run and a fumble, they get the ball back. Second play they inexpicably throw an incomplete pass. Third down another run and another fumble which they lose this time. Lucky for them it was against Washington who fails to capitalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad