Bears and NFL Talk LXVI - Tottenham-bound

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Burton is plenty talented enough to be the starting TE if healthy. The Bears don’t need an elite TE, just a good one.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Burton is plenty talented enough to be the starting TE if healthy. The Bears don’t need an elite TE, just a good one.

Talent isn't issue

He isn't consistent enough and is prone to go MIA for large stretches

It was his problem in Philly and was issue again this past season with Bears

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Did Burton go MIA for large stretches of year with Bears? Why are you rushing to defend him?

Is it because accepting that TE is not a strength for this team is 100% the blame of our GM and you don't want to admit our GM has made mistakes?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Did Burton go MIA for large stretches of year with Bears? Why are you rushing to defend him?

Is it because accepting that TE is not a strength for this team is 100% the blame of our GM and you don't want to admit our GM has made mistakes?

Burton had a pretty good season last year. How much was performance and how much of was scheme?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Did Burton not have large stretches of very good play? Why are you rushing to bash him?

See, I can do this too.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
It's time for Mitch and the offense to take the next step. Nagy's offense came in with a lot of fan fair. Aside from the last minute drive (Mitch threw 2 great balls to get them in field goal range for the Parkey miss) the other 14 minutes of the game, the offense was impotent.

Bears were fortunate to have a lot of balls bounce their way last year, specially on the D side. They also stayed for the most part, injury free. Difficult to duplicate in the NFL...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Talent isn't issue

He isn't consistent enough and is prone to go MIA for large stretches

It was his problem in Philly and was issue again this past season with Bears
Are you talking about off the field issues? Gruden traded for Martavis Bryant, Antonio Brown and just signed Richie Incognito ... but you're worried about Burton? Burton had some good games. How about we give him another year before push him out the door?

Reactions: Idionym

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Why did they just figure out the extent of the injury now???! The playoff game was how long ago. Burton is not a reliable option IMO - Bears are screwed at TE.

I am also going to laugh my ass off if the Raiders are better than the Bears over the next couple of seasons.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why did they just figure out the extent of the injury now???! The playoff game was how long ago
The reasoning was that the player wanted to see if the injury would heal on its own. Most people would prefer to avoid surgery if possible.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The reasoning was that the player wanted to see if the injury would heal on its own. Most people would prefer to avoid surgery if possible.

I have read nothing confirming they knew about this type of injury back when he took himself out of the game. As I understand it these injuries do not typically heal on their own. That's my question. Has he been dealing with it all offseason and they finally went to do a MRI at camp?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I have read nothing confirming they knew about this type of injury back when he took himself out of the game. As I understand it these injuries do not typically heal on their own.
I heard that the Bears knew and worked with the player.

Are you ripping on Burton? He does leave room for second guessing. However, I don't see how the Bears are at fault though. It's the player's job to inform the club of injuries and they can't force a player to get surgery.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I heard that the Bears knew and worked with the player.

Are you ripping on Burton? He does leave room for second guessing. However, I don't see how the Bears are at fault though. It's the player's job to inform the club of injuries and they can't force a player to get surgery.

You heard the Bears knew.... From where? Do you have a source? I'm not ripping Burton other than he not a consistent option for the team and they don't really have any depth at the position. If the Bears actually knew from the playoff game on I'd be ripping them for not following up and handling this sooner. I actually don't think they knew. I think they assumed it was pull or anxiety from Burton as he pretty much said the same thing during his interview. The season is over and he goes home only to return to OTA's with the same problem. Wouldn't he still know there is an issue and follow up on it? It's all just strange.

The question is when did he 1st have the MRI. That should tell you everything.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
You heard the Bears knew.... From where? Do you have a source? I'm not ripping Burton other than he not a consistent option for the team and they don't really have any depth at the position. If the Bears actually knew from the playoff game on I'd be ripping them for not following up and handling this sooner. I actually don't think they knew. I think they assumed it was pull or anxiety from Burton as he pretty much said the same thing during his interview. The season is over and he goes home only to return to OTA's with the same problem. Wouldn't he still know there is an issue and follow up on it? It's all just strange.
I think Jeff Dickerson said something about this.

It's on the player to tell the team of his injuries. Remember, the injury report said that Burton had a groin injury when he missed the Eagles game which is consistent with a hernia. The anxiety rumor was from the idiots on the internet.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think Jeff Dickerson said something about this.

It's on the player to tell the team of his injuries. Remember, the injury report said that Burton had a groin injury when he missed the Eagles game which is consistent with a hernia. The anxiety rumor was from the idiots on the internet.

The anxiety thing has come up many times with him. He pulled himself from the trick play because he told Nagy he couldn't deal with it. A reporter asked him when he missed the last game if anxiety was responsible for his groin locking up, he said "he wasn't sure". It's something he's been dealing with, not just internet nonsense

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/trey-burton-opens-past-struggles-anxiety-mental-health

There are no verified sources confirming the Bears knew anything prior to OTA's regarding a hernia. Whether it by physical or mental issues, the Bears have serious issues at TE.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The anxiety thing has come up many times with him. He pulled himself from the trick play because he told Nagy he couldn't deal with it. A reporter asked him when he missed the last game if anxiety was responsible for his groin locking up, he said "he wasn't sure". It's something he's been dealing with, not just internet nonsense

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/trey-burton-opens-past-struggles-anxiety-mental-health

There are no verified sources confirming the Bears knew anything prior to OTA's regarding a hernia. Whether it by physical or mental issues, the Bears have serious issues at TE.
Yes ... Burton was very honest with his anxiety issues. That doesn't mean the anxiety had anything to do with his groin issues. It's the idiots on the internet spreading those rumors.

The Bear's and Burton said his groin issue wasn't anxiety related. Unfortunately, the internet idiots didn't buy out. Guess what ... the internet idiots were wrong again.

Again ... Burton missed the Eagles game due to a groin injury. That's consistent with a hernia. It's not like this came out of nowhere. Burton's groin was on the injury report. Burton said he hurt his groin at practice. In fact, Ryan Pace said Burton's MRI showed significant injury.

Bears' Trey Burton: Dealing with significant injury

The Trey Burton injury did NOT come out of nowhere. This information is not that hard to find in the internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad