Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Need to start using the younger players. Look at Moses. Zero points in 5 games with Barrie. Now has 10 points in 7 games with North Bay. Same thing with Ellinas in Kitchener. These younger kids are going to start asking for trades

Reactions: OHLColtsPuck

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
No Beaudoin in the lineup tonight I’m assuming sick cause didn’t see an injury last night unless I missed it. Beaudoin did struggle last night but I don’t think Marty would healthy scratch him.all the lines mixed up tonight Vaughan getting more of a opportunity in the top 9 let’s see what he can do.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Need to start using the younger players. Look at Moses. Zero points in 5 games with Barrie. Now has 10 points in 7 games with North Bay. Same thing with Ellinas in Kitchener. These younger kids are going to start asking for trades
Elinias is a bad example, they released him. Moses got ok ice last season but mostly after they traded bodies out. He did get good ice to start the season as well but the roster was depleted waiting for players to come back from camps.

I get what you're saying though. Hopefully Vaughan takes advantage of the opportunity tonight and earns some of Marty's trust.

They will miss Beaudoin big time tonight.

Reactions: JetsColts13

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Powerplay needs work, but came up big when needed. They need to get off to better starts. With that said, a huge road win in Brampton with no Beaudoin.
And the backup goalie in Hrebik did let in a few weak ones but still got the win 3-0 with him in net. Don’t think the colts will need to improve goaltending at the deadline.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Showed some resilience coming back from 3-1 deficit on the road vs. a good team and great goaltender. They should be proud of that one.

Luchanko-less Storm tomorrow. Hopefully Beaudoin is back and ready to go. He'll make a difference on the PP

Reactions: JetsColts13

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Showed some resilience coming back from 3-1 deficit on the road vs. a good team and great goaltender. They should be proud of that one.

Luchanko-less Storm tomorrow. Hopefully Beaudoin is back and ready to go. He'll make a difference on the PP
Yes should be a game the colts win regardless of Beaudoin availability but Guelph got pumped by Flint last night so they’ll be coming out hard. If the colts can get that pp to start to click watch out. It was also nice seeing Vaughan score his first last night. Marty also had him on the ice with 1:30 left in the game so he obviously has gained some trust with Marty over the first month of the season.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf

Beaudoin is out with an ear infection. It was hampering him during Thursday night game. He probably will be scratched again tonight.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Unfortunate news about Beaudoin but good to hear it won't be long term. As for Hrebik, I'm starting to get more comfortable with the idea of him going the distance as the backup. While he's let in the odd soft one, he's definitely improving consistently and has made some huge saves. Shoutout to Colts goalie coach David Belitski as he's done a really solid job overall with the goalies the last couple years identifying talent and developing them.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Yes good news that it's not an injury.

Just read that Luchanko got sent down to Guelph by Philly. Not sure if he'll be back in time for game tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad