Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Lots of positives to take out of that game. Most of that Knights core has played together for 3 years, including an OHL championship. Marty has seen a ton of London over the years. He'll make sure they're prepared for the next meeting at home.

Thought Wakely was absolutely fantastic. That line with Gardiner and Stewart was the Colts best. That said the Beaudoin line felt a little shorthanded with Debridge on their line. While I'm sure it'll be better once Jelsma is back. In the meantime I'd like to see basically anyone else.

Hopefully the boys can get some revenge against Brampton tonight.

Beaudoin had a tough night. The puck would not settle down for him and/or he tried to play faster than he is capable of.

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
ELIASSON doesnt appear to play top 4. If they can get a guy like Konnor Smith at deadline it will likely take Vaughan given the assets and picks they have available. Maybe I'm wrong. They did trade Punnett for very little so who knows.
My opinion is this team needs some more grit and toughness. Their D are highly skilled I wouldn't say they are overly physical. You need grit to win in playoffs. Outside of a couple of them they dont play a physical game. Early on . Other teams are just going to try to intimidate them. It would be a shame to waste this roster. If I'm Atcheson or his representation I wouldnt be too happy with him having go scrap every game. He's likely a 1st round pick.
Wakely is an awesome addition. The roster is impressive. Hillebrandt is excellent and they can win with him. Its tough to lose Moses but they are in the win now mode.
Most of their forwards don't hit anything. Atcheson, Passmore maybe Eliasson are the only ones willing to drop the gloves on D and now that Moses is gone the only forward they have that will fight is J Newton who is a late 07 and hardly gets any ice. I don't think you really want Wakely fighting much. Marty doesnt play his 4th line so I would think Vaughan will be asking out anyways. Newton may ask out as well. He's in year 2. Every other top draft pick like Vaughan is playing a lot on their teams. He's a 5th pick overall and they play Lowe, N Newton and Derbidge more than him. Something there doesnt make much sense. You still have to look beyond this season. Why would any young player want to sign in Barrie with the way Marty plays his kids.
Going to be an interesting team to follow.

ShooterMcGavin98

Oct 4, 2024
With the way he plays, I'm surprised Eliasson hasn't dropped the gloves the yet. I think we will see that sooner rather than later though. I don't think Aitcheson minds fighting, as that and the grit he plays with are a part of the reason he is a projected first-rounder. I do agree that a bit more grit upfront would be welcome.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
ELIASSON doesnt appear to play top 4. If they can get a guy like Konnor Smith at deadline it will likely take Vaughan given the assets and picks they have available. Maybe I'm wrong. They did trade Punnett for very little so who knows.
My opinion is this team needs some more grit and toughness. Their D are highly skilled I wouldn't say they are overly physical. You need grit to win in playoffs. Outside of a couple of them they dont play a physical game. Early on . Other teams are just going to try to intimidate them. It would be a shame to waste this roster. If I'm Atcheson or his representation I wouldnt be too happy with him having go scrap every game. He's likely a 1st round pick.
Wakely is an awesome addition. The roster is impressive. Hillebrandt is excellent and they can win with him. Its tough to lose Moses but they are in the win now mode.
Most of their forwards don't hit anything. Atcheson, Passmore maybe Eliasson are the only ones willing to drop the gloves on D and now that Moses is gone the only forward they have that will fight is J Newton who is a late 07 and hardly gets any ice. I don't think you really want Wakely fighting much. Marty doesnt play his 4th line so I would think Vaughan will be asking out anyways. Newton may ask out as well. He's in year 2. Every other top draft pick like Vaughan is playing a lot on their teams. He's a 5th pick overall and they play Lowe, N Newton and Derbidge more than him. Something there doesnt make much sense. You still have to look beyond this season. Why would any young player want to sign in Barrie with the way Marty plays his kids.
If there gonna make a trade at a D and trade Vaughan I would much rather trade for Gibson in the soo than smith in Owen sound Gibson is a 05 so u get a better player and don’t use a OA spot plus he’s right handed. Right now on there D they have 5 Left 2 Right. I personally think the defence will be good with what they have last night 3 goals were pp and Hillebrandt struggled. The lack of play from Vaughan is absurd to me he’s way better than Lowe and Derbidge it’s not even funny yet Marty loves playing Lowe even though he has no skill and no toughness he’s one of the guys that should be fighting but won’t.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
My opinion is this team needs some more grit and toughness. Their D are highly skilled I wouldn't say they are overly physical. You need grit to win in playoffs. Outside of a couple of them they dont play a physical game. Early on .
Other teams are just going to try to intimidate them. It would be a shame to waste this roster. If I'm Atcheson or his representation I wouldnt be too happy with him having go scrap every game. He's likely a 1st round pick.

Where did K.Smith find the ability to accrue points? I’m impressed.

That last thing Barrie needs is to waste the few picks they have remaining on K.Smith. Vaughn, that just seems like wishful thinking on your part.
Aitcheson, Akey, and Bertucci will play 25+ minutes per game. Eliasson and Passmore are plenty big and capable of clearing the crease.

Eliasson made a couple of nice defensive plays last night. By mid-season, he would probably be a top 3 for a majority of teams.
Aitcheson has DeAngelis wearing a full bubble a week after their fight. He already fought Smith in pre-season, with Smith feeling the need for a do-over late in that same game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad