Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree and I don't see what he loves so much about Lowe, I don't see it. I thought about the righty situation and figure Vaughan will eventually be a C so playing his off wing not a bad idea for his development either. His playmaking & vision would benefit both Beaudoin & Patterson big time, probably more so than anyone they can grab on the market plus he doesn't cost anything since we already have him. He also has some pretty good compete to go with his skill. I also hope Marty finds a way to get him some more ice, whatever the end solution ends up being.
Marty loves big players that can keep the puck in front of them. Lowe might be on the 4th line again when the roster settles, but a 5 year player for Williamson.
From what I've seen, Williamson is trusting Vaughn and J.Newton; and will award them with more TOI as the season goes on. Williamson has stripped Savard, Sale, Moses of TOI. He will play those doing what he wants.

WorkHardEveryShift

Aug 23, 2021
Compare Marty to championship calibre GM/coaches like the Hunters. The Hunters develop talent at the JrB level and communicate the future plan going forward. Marty does not develop, communicate or chart a course for young players currently on the team or drafted prospects. The Hunters value skill over size. Marty values size over skill. The Hunters will use younger players that have proven themselves. Marty will favour older players over younger kids. The Hunters have a stable full of talented prospects from 08 onward. Marty alienates the young prospects by not playing them, or communicating with them. Marty is an old school coach who hasn't kept up with the times, and that will hurt the team

Reactions: Chawbadoo07

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
@dirty12 I agree, 84 & 94 have seen a bit more ice, hopefully it continues. Newton is a late 07 just turned 16, lots of time to grow into the player they saw when they drafted him. I do hope that Vaughan gets some better offensive linemates to roll with at 5v5 though, the 4th line is not where he belongs.

@WorkHardEveryShift hopefully Marty is evolving but I get what you are saying from a historical standpoint. I like that Barton is with the ColtsAAA and that Vader/Goodfellow/Emerton are developing in Tier 2. Time will tell with this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad