Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Was at the game Saturday night. It was a bit of a snooze fest overall. The team sure was having a tough time generating much without Jelsma, Beaudoin or Patterson (kicked out during first shift for slew-footing).

Bright side was that Hilldebrandt looked like he's poised for a great season. & Beaudoin back from Utah for next game. Hopefully Patterson isn't suspended but I think the match penalty comes with a 2 game suspension? I thought the call was a bit weak...

Big Elliason needs a few games to get acquainted...will be easier for the D to roll when Akey gets back as Tiller can slot into a 5-6 pairing with Passmore or Handsor. Elliason I thought has potential. He can skate well for a big guy and has some hands. Hopefully he gains confidence and blossoms over the next few months.

Looking forward to seeing the lineup come together as we get our vets back. I'm still bullish on this team coming together to be a force, especially after the performances seen in the playoffs last season and seeing how Dominant Beaudoin looked in pre-season.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Was at the game Saturday night. It was a bit of a snooze fest overall. The team sure was having a tough time generating much without Jelsma, Beaudoin or Patterson (kicked out during first shift for slew-footing).

Bright side was that Hilldebrandt looked like he's poised for a great season. & Beaudoin back from Utah for next game. Hopefully Patterson isn't suspended but I think the match penalty comes with a 2 game suspension? I thought the call was a bit weak...

Big Elliason needs a few games to get acquainted...will be easier for the D to roll when Akey gets back as Tiller can slot into a 5-6 pairing with Passmore or Handsor. Elliason I thought has potential. He can skate well for a big guy and has some hands. Hopefully he gains confidence and blossoms over the next few months.

Looking forward to seeing the lineup come together as we get our vets back. I'm still bullish on this team coming together to be a force, especially after the performances seen in the playoffs last season and seeing how Dominant Beaudoin looked in pre-season.
I think the team has plenty of potential aswell I just hope Marty is able to get all that potential out of them. Even once the full roster is healthy and back together I do think adding someone to the top 6 has to happen could be for a guy like Pinelli in Ottawa or something like that especially when teams like Oshawa and Brampton start to add players.

Reactions: Leviathan899

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Confirmed that Patterson is suspended for 2 games. Kinda surprised to be honest after the Sudbury slew foot suspensions were taken away. Agree with OHLColtsPuck, it was a weak call.

Hopefully the boys get a good week of practice in as there is some tough games this weekend. It's been reported Akey will be back this week. Hope to see him in the lineup Thursday. Will be great to see Beaudoin back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad