Barrie Colts 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Was at the game Saturday night. It was a bit of a snooze fest overall. The team sure was having a tough time generating much without Jelsma, Beaudoin or Patterson (kicked out during first shift for slew-footing).

Bright side was that Hilldebrandt looked like he's poised for a great season. & Beaudoin back from Utah for next game. Hopefully Patterson isn't suspended but I think the match penalty comes with a 2 game suspension? I thought the call was a bit weak...

Big Elliason needs a few games to get acquainted...will be easier for the D to roll when Akey gets back as Tiller can slot into a 5-6 pairing with Passmore or Handsor. Elliason I thought has potential. He can skate well for a big guy and has some hands. Hopefully he gains confidence and blossoms over the next few months.

Looking forward to seeing the lineup come together as we get our vets back. I'm still bullish on this team coming together to be a force, especially after the performances seen in the playoffs last season and seeing how Dominant Beaudoin looked in pre-season.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Was at the game Saturday night. It was a bit of a snooze fest overall. The team sure was having a tough time generating much without Jelsma, Beaudoin or Patterson (kicked out during first shift for slew-footing).

Bright side was that Hilldebrandt looked like he's poised for a great season. & Beaudoin back from Utah for next game. Hopefully Patterson isn't suspended but I think the match penalty comes with a 2 game suspension? I thought the call was a bit weak...

Big Elliason needs a few games to get acquainted...will be easier for the D to roll when Akey gets back as Tiller can slot into a 5-6 pairing with Passmore or Handsor. Elliason I thought has potential. He can skate well for a big guy and has some hands. Hopefully he gains confidence and blossoms over the next few months.

Looking forward to seeing the lineup come together as we get our vets back. I'm still bullish on this team coming together to be a force, especially after the performances seen in the playoffs last season and seeing how Dominant Beaudoin looked in pre-season.
I think the team has plenty of potential aswell I just hope Marty is able to get all that potential out of them. Even once the full roster is healthy and back together I do think adding someone to the top 6 has to happen could be for a guy like Pinelli in Ottawa or something like that especially when teams like Oshawa and Brampton start to add players.

Reactions: Leviathan899

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Confirmed that Patterson is suspended for 2 games. Kinda surprised to be honest after the Sudbury slew foot suspensions were taken away. Agree with OHLColtsPuck, it was a weak call.

Hopefully the boys get a good week of practice in as there is some tough games this weekend. It's been reported Akey will be back this week. Hope to see him in the lineup Thursday. Will be great to see Beaudoin back.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
That's too bad about Patterson.

Looks like Akey is back in town so he'll be ready to go Thursday night. Going to be a good tilt against the Steelheads, looking forward to it.

Reactions: JetsColts13

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Well Oshawa got Barlow so now I guess u could say Barrie Brantford and Brampton are back on the clock lmao. Hearing the first reported news of Wakely in north bay to Kingston may not happen I wonder if Barrie would look into him especially now with Jelsma out for a bit a trade involving maybe a guy like Jaiden Newton and picks and get Wakely for more top end talent come playoffs. A top 9 of
Jelsma Wakely Hemming
York Beaudoin Patterson
Stewart Gardiner Moses

That would have to be as good as almost anyone in the league along with the amazing top 4 D and Hillebrandt in net and still having Vaughan on the team would be incredible. It would also most likely mean Wigle would be the odd man out as Barrie would had 2 many centres but there’s probably some bottom end teams that would pick up a veteran like him to help a younger squad develop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blake101

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
I think Marty should bide his time and see how the team performs as put together before doing anything drastic.

I'd like to see PV94 given a bit more of an opportunity than what I'm seeing as well. Kid seems poised to be a great player but if he's riding the bench all game he won't develop. With Patterson out for next two games, hopefully Vaughan sees a bit more time.

Really looking forward to seeing Akey return tonight. Hope he has a great bounce back from injury season. Would love to see him pop off and be considered for the WJHC team.

Reactions: JetsColts13

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Agree with taking some time before making another deal. The Colts aren't swimming in assets after the Gardiner, Bertucci,Elliason deals so they need to be sure. With that said I'd lean towards a top 6 LW upgrade on York. I have been left wanting more in his play since camp and it will be cheaper to get an OA. Would keep Wigle as he's a good and reliable 3C and can be moved up the lineup if needed.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Agree with taking some time before making another deal. The Colts aren't swimming in assets after the Gardiner, Bertucci,Elliason deals so they need to be sure. With that said I'd lean towards a top 6 LW upgrade on York. I have been left wanting more in his play since camp and it will be cheaper to get an OA. Would keep Wigle as he's a good and reliable 3C and can be moved up the lineup if needed.
Trent swick on Kitchener would be a HUGE upgrade literally and figuratively

Reactions: All the Answers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad