Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They are not flawless, but they are the only CHL franchise to have a 1st or 2nd round NHL pick the past 7 years (5 1st round, 2 2nd round). Aitcheson could be 8 in a row in 2025, and if you go back to Aaron Ekblad (2014), it is 10 of the last 11 years.
2024- Cole Beaudoin
2023- Beau Akey
2022- Hunter Haight
2021- Brandt Clarke
2020- Tyson Foerster
2019- Ryan Suzuki
2018- Andrei Svechnikov

2016-Givani Smith
2015-Rasmus Andersson, Mackenzie Blackwood
2014-Aaron Ekblad, Brendan Lemieux
“Props”

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
If it’s true eliasson will be traded from Niagara to barrie , what would you think the deal would be

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
Looking at what Barrie has left and what Niagara does in trades, 2nd + couple 3rds.
From some of the stuff I’ve seen Barrie may be trading the rights to the import goalie they drafted this year Kerkola and a mid round pick for Eliasson. Don’t think Kerkola wanted to be a 1B this year so he’ll go to Niagara next year after he’s drafted and Barrie’s gets Eliasson which for that price would be amazing cause Hillebrandt is your number 1 the next 2 years no doubt

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
From some of the stuff I’ve seen Barrie may be trading the rights to the import goalie they drafted this year Kerkola and a mid round pick for Eliasson. Don’t think Kerkola wanted to be a 1B this year so he’ll go to Niagara next year after he’s drafted and Barrie’s gets Eliasson which for that price would be amazing cause Hillebrandt is your number 1 the next 2 years no doubt

I think it could help recruit some imports to the league if riules were amended to allow this.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
That makes more sense

Because a 5th round pick for an NHL drafted import just from an onlookers perspective looks really shady.

That’s the grey area where I wish teams would open up about their plans.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think it could help recruit some imports to the league if riules were amended to allow this.
But then every year Niagara (or whoever is bad 5 years from now) drafts a stud because London told them to and they give them a 3rd for whoever that years Dvorsky is. Import draft is all about connections and if you allow this, the teams with connections draft 55th overall but get the best player every year

Reactions: frontsfan67

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
He might still be a 1B here next year if the IceDogs decide to keep Robertson as an OA

Reactions: Sam14

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
He might still be a 1B here next year if the IceDogs decide to keep Robertson as an OA
Exactly! Acquiring the Import goalie’s rights makes little sense. IceDogs used a high 3rd pick (44th overall) to select 08 G M.Humphrey (part of the Wassilyn deal), as the goalie they plan to tandem with Robertson probably this year or for sure next year, before he takes over as the number one. IceDogs need 07 D not a goalie. That can’t be the trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad