Barrie Colts 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Going to miss Brauti for sure if he is gone. Seems like Marty always has to give up players we need to get deals done...Last year Savard, this year Brauti.

This is not to say that I don't like the addition of Bertucci! lol. Huge win if we have him in the roster, just going to miss Brauti, I think he is going to be a real strong player in the league this season and next.
Think of it like this. Brauti, newton, Vaughan and picks for Bertucci (team Canada level d man) and Barlow (team Canada level and potentially a 60 goal guy) my barrie buddy isn’t happy about Brauti but knows that it makes the team way better right now.

Will suck for the future but with moves like this you’re not thinking of the future, you’re thinking of right now and right now is the year you probably have the best chance at a championship. Then next year if they want they can trade off guys like beaudoin, aitcheson, Moses and restock the draft pick supply

Oddly enough this trade seems fairly similar to Paul George to the OKC Thunder and when they acquired Kawhi Leonard from the Raptors. You guys are hoping for a championship and that Vaughan (I would assume is used for Barlow) doesn’t turn into Shai Gilgous-Alexander

Reactions: Section5Petes

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What happened to trade that was to be announced; confusion over which Newton?

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Think of it like this. Brauti, newton, Vaughan and picks for Bertucci (team Canada level d man) and Barlow (team Canada level and potentially a 60 goal guy) my barrie buddy isn’t happy about Brauti but knows that it makes the team way better right now.

Will suck for the future but with moves like this you’re not thinking of the future, you’re thinking of right now and right now is the year you probably have the best chance at a championship. Then next year if they want they can trade off guys like beaudoin, aitcheson, Moses and restock the draft pick supply

Oddly enough this trade seems fairly similar to Paul George to the OKC Thunder and when they acquired Kawhi Leonard from the Raptors. You guys are hoping for a championship and that Vaughan (I would assume is used for Barlow) doesn’t turn into Shai Gilgous-Alexander
We'll see how it all shakes out. I'm eagerly awating the announcement!

Can't believe we're only a few weeks away from the blue and white game. Looking forward to a great season.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
Guess it's official!
1724080022466.png

Good luck in Niagara Jack & Blair, all the best.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
You cannot complain about that trade
Absolutely. Sucks obviously about losing a talented young guy but Bertucci is WAY better and may make the team Canada camp for u20. In a contending year teams have to make tough calls- this one isn’t so tough though given what they’re bringing in.

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
You cannot complain about that trade
Ohh I’m not complaining it’s a great trade when I said not bad at all meaning hopefully this is just the start of big moves from the colts. Been a very long time since this team went fully in on a season probably hasn’t happened since 2018 when they had svechnikov in his draft year.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Ohh I’m not complaining it’s a great trade when I said not bad at all meaning hopefully this is just the start of big moves from the colts. Been a very long time since this team went fully in on a season probably hasn’t happened since 2018 when they had svechnikov in his draft year.
you guys try to win every other year

Reactions: Section5Petes

Jimmy582

Feb 5, 2023
you guys try to win every other year
the colts try to be competitive every year I would not say try to win every year. Last year was a example of that trading away sale Punnett Frasca etc… which is all fine but this team hasn’t had a league contending team in at least 6 years even a few years ago they had Clarke and brought it Savard and Hache was nice but they needed more to compete with the top teams in the east. I’m just hoping that this isn’t it for Barrie and they grab another big horse like a Barlow even if that means trading away a guy like Parker Vaughan

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
the colts try to be competitive every year I would not say try to win every year. Last year was a example of that trading away sale Punnett Frasca etc… which is all fine but this team hasn’t had a league contending team in at least 6 years even a few years ago they had Clarke and brought it Savard and Hache was nice but they needed more to compete with the top teams in the east. I’m just hoping that this isn’t it for Barrie and they grab another big horse like a Barlow even if that means trading away a guy like Parker Vaughan
Barlow helps immediately.
The Attack are looking to restock picks and young talent .

What's Marty got left to offer up ??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad