Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
As great as the Cuda have looked through the first three games other than the last ten minutes of game 2, they really need one of Carlsson/Thompson/Mukhamadullin back. A real puck mover to ease the burden on Cagnoni would be great. Schuldt is exactly what the doctor ordered for this team on the defensive side of things and Furlong is really solid.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

This guy just has some bizarre, but infectious energy. I love him.

Just got back and I am so amped after that one. Two shorthanded goals, a shutout, a full house tonight. One of the best games we've had in ages.

I'm not going to lie: I was already a big Anthony Vincent fan. But he's been my favorite forward to watch this season. He's been putting in crazy work.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
God I hope Cagnoni keeps on keeping on. That kid seems to impress everywhere he goes, even when people count him out. I’d love to see him succeed (love those short kings.)

Askarov is going to be so ridiculously fun to watch on the Sharks.

Was hoping someone would say this but I love the short kings!@!!

Pretty much because I'm also an undersized defenseman myself but I've got an inch on Cagnoni but he still weights 20 lbs more than me which is nuts!!! He must have Crosby hockey glutes or something.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'm assuming this is tongue in cheek, but he could potentially be the best non-Walman D-man in six months because of how brutal the rest of our D is. We'll see though, being a rookie pro has its ups and downs, and it's not really fair to extrapolate based on one great game.

That Vincent line is incredibly annoying, I would hate to play against them.
It’s not really tongue in cheek because of the reasons you gave. The NHL defense is so so not good.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Was hoping someone would say this but I love the short kings!@!!

Pretty much because I'm also an undersized defenseman myself but I've got an inch on Cagnoni but he still weights 20 lbs more than me which is nuts!!! He must have Crosby hockey glutes or something.

It’s why I love Gushchin, as a 5’9 Slavic right winger, I want him to succeed so I can tell everyone I also could have succeeded, despite only playing roller hockey…….

But more than that, I love underdog stories and I adore people who will themselves to success. Pavelski is one of my favorite players because of that. Boyle too. Would love to see Cagnoni (and Goose) prove everyone who doubted them wrong.

The other kind of people I like to cheer for? Crazy goofballs. Askarov is so ridiculously fun, I can’t believe we have him on our team. I still can’t get over the fact that we get to watch Celebrini, Askarov (I’m sure if there’s an injury or we trade one of our NHL guys which I’m like 98% sure we will), Eklund, Smith and Muhk all potentially playing the NHL this year… if they ever all get healthy at the same time.

Reactions: timorous me

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
In deference to @Hobocop's goaltender background I waited until the game was complete to post this, but good lord this save.

:laugh: So I'll totally post Askarov saves during a game, you'll just never see me say anything like "Askarov has been amazing tonight" or something like that mid-game. Feel like that's an invitation for our goalie to suddenly have a downturn in his play. I'll keep my mouth zipped until the final buzzer.

I was waiting for Iowa to put up a video recap, because the Barracuda's continue to be pretty low-effort. But, guessing Iowa just isn't going to release one. Here's San Jose's, just a quick replay of all the goals from last night:

Reactions: MackAttack71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad