Value of: Barabanov to Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think the dude can help Rangers in the playoffs, he can add some skill to the team's bottom6. He played with Shesterkin and Panarin so shouldn't have any problems with getting used to the team. He's UFA after the season so the price shouldn't be too high.

He's 7+19 after 40 games.

Reactions: egelband
Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think the dude can help Rangers in the playoffs, he can add some skill to the team's bottom6. He played with Shesterkin and Panarin so shouldn't have any problems with getting used to the team. He's UFA after the season so the price shouldn't be too high.

He's 7+19 after 40 games.
Don’t see a need.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Rangers do not need any more bottom six forwards.

We should not waste assets on bottom six players when Top 6 C & RW are a major need.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
So a guy that is playing in SJs top 6 which is worse that NY's, pacing for 50+ pts, and currently would be the 5th highest scoring forward if he were on the Rangers(in only 40 games), is not a top 6 forward?

Is "top 6" now a euphemism for elite 1st line player or something?

If you do not want Barabanov, or are worried he cannot keep up the pace he has been on with the Sharks, just say so, but to pretend like he is not playing at a top 6 caliber, and producing at a 2nd line level, which last time I checked was in the top 6, is just silly.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
pass
not a bad idea but assets should not be spent on splurges esp when they do not contribute to area of need

He can play RW on Panarin line. They are pretty similar players: good skill, skating and IQ. Barabanov is grittier, Panarin is obviously more skilled. As far as I understand it's an area of need, and Barabanov's salary is $1M, so Rangers won't have any cap problems. I doubt Sharks will ask a lot, probably a 3rd or even 4th. If they like him (and he likes them), they can resign him during offseason.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You got the plus on the wrong side. One guy has proven to be a second line forward in the NHL; the other has only proven to run away from working to get to the NHL.
If thats all the Rangers can get they likely hold on to him. Barbanov may be performing like a low end top 6 right now but Kravstov has more potential.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If thats all the Rangers can get they likely hold on to him. Barbanov may be performing like a low end top 6 right now but Kravstov has more potential.
I totally understand (and agree) with that. I genuinely think that Rangers hold on to Kravtsov despite him asking for a trade. I think he’s the definition of more value to the rangers than to other teams. Basically the way I see it is that Bara is worth a 2nd and so is Kravtsov. Difference is Bara will not be worth a 2nd to the Sharks next season (as he will likely be traded or not resigned, if he is resigned this statement is false) while Kravtsov should be worth the 2nd next season still.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
This is the same Barabanov that some Sharks fans use to explain that Hertl is a beast because hes producing at a high rate with that guy on his wings?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is the same Barabanov that some Sharks fans use to explain that Hertl is a beast because hes producing at a high rate with that guy on his wings?
No one ever said that. Rangers claimed he was good because he played with Timo. We said he plays with Barabanov and Gregor (who he was playing with at the time). Barabanov is great complimentary piece. He would fit well with Zibby and Krieder or Panarin.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
No one ever said that. Rangers claimed he was good because he played with Timo. We said he plays with Barabanov and Gregor (who he was playing with at the time). Barabanov is great complimentary piece. He would fit well with Zibby and Krieder or Panarin.

Bold of you to say no one ever said that

regardless, there are much better options out there than barabanov for the rangers so we will pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad