Confirmed with Link: Avs Trade Brännstörm for Tucker Poolman + 4th

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
What the f*** is a pool man
1728264065542.jpeg

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Likely that Branstrom is a nothing in this.
Vancouver paid a 4th to unload an injured guy.
Colorado monetized their LTIRed situation and apparently even generated cap space out of it. So they got paid a 4th, to increase their cap space, that's actually quite fantastic. Seems like their only downside is they have a greater real cash salary to pay. So if I'm getting this right, the cheap ass Avs owner have accepted to shell out cash in order to acquire an asset and cap space. Interesting...
I've been asking Vancouver beat writers (as a Canucks fan) for awhile now if Poolman's contract is insured and no one had the answer.

If Poolman's contract is insured, than the Avs might actually be paying less in real cash. Branstrom's contract is one way and would be owed NHL money even in the AHL.

I wonder the amount retained by the Canucks is the exact amount that saves the Avs real money vs keeping Branstrom lol.

Reactions: RECKLESS

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I've been asking Vancouver beat writers (as a Canucks fan) for awhile now if Poolman's contract is insured and no one had the answer.

If Poolman's contract is insured, than the Avs might actually be paying less in real cash. Branstrom's contract is one way and would be owed NHL money even in the AHL.

I wonder the amount retained by the Canucks is the exact amount that saves the Avs real money vs keeping Branstrom lol.
I think you are onto something. #Kroenkeischeap

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
The more I think about it... the less I understand... playing with LTIR is supposed to help you add players while others are injured. Our challenge is to fit everyone AFTER they come back from injury... I understand that opening nigh LTIR shenanigans help maximize the LTIR pool available, but I don't get how the LTIR pool helps fitting everyone under the cap when they come back, if LTIR prevents a team from accruing cap space...

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Boy they must've REALLY not liked Brannstrom!

Ah well, I figured he was kind of a bust when the Sens didn't keep him around, but was hopeful he'd showcase some skills with the Avs. Oh well.
Vancouver waived him after the trade also

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Boy they must've REALLY not liked Brannstrom!

Ah well, I figured he was kind of a bust when the Sens didn't keep him around, but was hopeful he'd showcase some skills with the Avs. Oh well.
I’ve only seen snippets of games and stuff, but he looked horrible the little bit I saw of him.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad