Recalled/Assigned: 2024-25 Sharks/Barracuda/Thunder

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Kostin played his way from the most plum assignment on the team at start of camp to being out of the opening night lineup. He should be the first guy on waivers.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
i would think so. there's not an appreciable difference between any of the bottom 7-15 forward lines posted.
I wonder how much any given opponent will affect the lineups on any given night. Like maybe if you're playing a heavy physical opponent then G. Smith and Kunin are in, but if it's more of a finesse lineup then Gushchin and Dellandrea get in? Really don't know.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
As long as Goose is playing NHL games, I don't care where he is slotted. At some point, someone in the top 6 will do something stupid and things will get juggled. That'll be his time to shine.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
As long as Goose is playing NHL games, I don't care where he is slotted. At some point, someone in the top 6 will do something stupid and things will get juggled. That'll be his time to shine.
I feel like it's sort of a test for him--which I don't think is a bad thing, necessarily--saying, "Okay, you'll get some PP time, but go out there and play with some jam, play responsibly, and if you do all that then you can move up in the lineup. If not, back to the Barracuda."

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Interesting. I was hoping Smith would get sent down.
Assuming you're talking about Givanni, I have to confess that I've always kinda liked him. He's a little better than your average face puncher in that his hands aren't totally stone and he can skate and forecheck well. So long as he's not an every night player, I have no problem carrying him on the roster. I actually kinda prefer him to Dellandrea and Kunin if I'm honest.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Assuming you're talking about Givanni, I have to confess that I've always kinda liked him. He's a little better than your average face puncher in that his hands aren't totally stone and he can skate and forecheck well. So long as he's not an every night player, I have no problem carrying him on the roster. I actually kinda prefer him to Dellandrea and Kunin if I'm honest.

Ohi was talking about Will Smith. Read a couple of posts yesterday that convinced me he would best be suited to some AHL time and then a callup later in Nov-Dec.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
Ohi was talking about Will Smith. Read a couple of posts yesterday that convinced me he would best be suited to some AHL time and then a callup later in Nov-Dec.
IMO, there was never any chance of that happening no matter how he played. If he ends up in the AHL for a time this year, it's because he's strugging in the NHL so much that he needs to regain confidence. So long as he keeps his chin up through the struggles and gets better each month, he'll stay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad