Confirmed with Link: Avs Trade Brännstörm for Tucker Poolman + 4th

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I didn’t think you could trade an injured player?
Not without his consent. If Poolman is really cooked, what does he care? Makes an extra buck with the lesser taxation of Colorado vs BC (though zero idea how that stuff works with injured players)?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
So this is basically us getting a 4th so Vancouver can accumulate cap space this season?.... I guess it's fine. I also wonder if this means Landy will be on LTIR longer than we hoped to start the season.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Hoping someone can put this in layman’s terms of why we’re doing this cap wise. The guy we are getting is LTIR or is it because our guys are gonna be LTIR?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I don't really see the connection here
My logic was, if Landy was going to be on LTIR for a large portion of the season, then we wouldn't benefit much if at all from accumulating cap space this year. So it wouldn't matter if we got some other team's LTIR player.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Hoping someone can put this in layman’s terms of why we’re doing this cap wise. The guy we are getting is LTIR or is it because our guys are gonna be LTIR?
This will add some excess room with Poolman on LTIR. Avs had about a million to figure out still when the wingers all came back and this accomplishes that.

Reactions: Ararana and Bender

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
I think CMac has navigated this off-season nicely with all the uncertainty. Management seems more willing to move on quickly from players than in the past.

Now we can accommodate Lehkonen, Nichushkin and Landeskog in the lineup.

Reactions: AvsFan4

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The 20% retention is what's confusing me on this.

Isn't there some sort of weird caveat with LTIR and Cap space banking where its ideal to be as close to the cap as possible before utilizing LTIR, to either get additional space or to accrue the most or some nonsense?

Either way, I trust our nerds know exactly what they were doing with this deal and the fine details of it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why'd you have to remind me of this guy... He must have tipped 20 goals into the avs net that season.. I remember specifically 3 in one game against the flames
I still remember all the times he did slapshots around the boards when he was behind our net to get the puck out of the zone, with the majority of them being picked off by opposing teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad