Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Yes!

I mean are you asking if anyone else imagined that or did anyone else poured melted chocolate on their nipples?

The first, but I know some people on here have done the second. Probably with a gimp involved.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The first, but I know some people on here have done the second. Probably with a gimp involved.
I would have done the second but I had my wife, my kid and my mom sitting next to me watching the game

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Does anyone know how these cup days are organized? Does the player have to plan it themselves? The team? The league? Some players have big parades with thousands of people, others go to a grill and eat bar food.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Does anyone know how these cup days are organized? Does the player have to plan it themselves? The team? The league? Some players have big parades with thousands of people, others go to a grill and eat bar food.
From what I can tell the bigger ones are planned by families with the city. Each one seems to follow similar pattern of morning with Cup at family home, some sort of community celebration either the parade or taking Cup to local rink of some sort then private party at night.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah but it's too bad that PBP dude on ABC didn't put much enthusiasm into that call, that's why I prefer the SN one. "The dynasty will be denied, and new legacy begins. They've reached the summit, and the Colorado Avalanche are the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions"

Alot more excitement in that call than the one on ABC
Didnt the ESPN guy choose Tampa to win the Cup? He was probably disappointed paper tiger Avalanche beat his team.

Reactions: the_fan

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
The Cup is in Western Canada!
Does anybody know when Joe will have the Cup?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah but it's too bad that PBP dude on ABC didn't put much enthusiasm into that call, that's why I prefer the SN one. "The dynasty will be denied, and new legacy begins. They've reached the summit, and the Colorado Avalanche are the 2022 Stanley Cup Champions"

That's also the Cuthbert effect.

He's the best in the business by far IMO.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Does anyone know when Makars day with the cup is? I heard the 11th but I can't verify it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Sean McDonough is terrible. I have no idea why they thought a guy who sounds like he doesn't give a shit would be entertaining to listen to. Ruined the Cup winning call and ruined the Kadri OT goal too.

Like everyone else he missed the Kadri goal go in, but after they saw it, Ferraro was trying to bring some hype to the play with his call, and McDonough interrupted with the same flat tone he'd been using to say, "I don't know why there was any question..." even though he had no idea the whole time either.

Reactions: the_fan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
ESPN+ had a survey about the NHL I participated in. I think if they take what I said to heart a lot of you would be very happy. When asked how to improve the product, I told 'em to get Clement/Thorne back together. Gary Thorne should be the voice of the NHL.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Sean McDonough is terrible. I have no idea why they thought a guy who sounds like he doesn't give a shit would be entertaining to listen to. Ruined the Cup winning call and ruined the Kadri OT goal too.

Like everyone else he missed the Kadri goal go in, but after they saw it, Ferraro was trying to bring some hype to the play with his call, and McDonough interrupted with the same flat tone he'd been using to say, "I don't know why there was any question..." even though he had no idea the whole time either.
I miss Gary Thorne

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

He's so f***ing bad. The entire playoffs the guy sounded like he'd rather be watching paint dry than calling games. He sounded genuinely depressed when the Avs won the Stanley Cup. Meanwhile you have Chris Cuthhbert - who I've ragged on the last couple of years for losing the "fire" and becoming like Jim Hughson - delivered an insane closing to the finals with "the dynasty will be denied! And a new legacy begins! They've reached the summit! And the Avalanche are 2022 Stanley Cup Champions!"
ESPN+ had a survey about the NHL I participated in. I think if they take what I said to heart a lot of you would be very happy. When asked how to improve the product, I told 'em to get Clement/Thorne back together. Gary Thorne should be the voice of the NHL.
Definitely not Thorne. He's way too old. He wouldn't be able to bring it on a consistent basis.

I absolutely LOVED the guy calling the Avs/Blues series. He had energy throughout the series and never sounded monotoned. Sounded genuinely excited for every big play happening.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
He's so f***ing bad. The entire playoffs the guy sounded like he'd rather be watching paint dry than calling games. He sounded genuinely depressed when the Avs won the Stanley Cup. Meanwhile you have Chris Cuthhbert - who I've ragged on the last couple of years for losing the "fire" and becoming like Jim Hughson - delivered an insane closing to the finals with "the dynasty will be denied! And a new legacy begins! They've reached the summit! And the Avalanche are 2022 Stanley Cup Champions!"

Definitely not Thorne. He's way too old. He wouldn't be able to bring it on a consistent basis.

I absolutely LOVED the guy calling the Avs/Blues series. He had energy throughout the series and never sounded monotoned. Sounded genuinely excited for every big play happening.
Didn't he do the Isles PBP before ESPN / ABC / Whatever?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad